Thread: Need firewood

Need firewood

We need to pick up some firewood for our house this winter. Any recommendations in the valley? We don't want anything green as we will be using it right away. Our landlord mentioned someone selling it at the end of the access road, how is that? Also, what does a cord go for up there?

Thanks!

Looking in the Valley Reporter I see:

• seasoned: 496-4726
      not specific: 454-7782 at $200/cord
      not specific: 244-5117
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Colton Enterprises is a large scale operation offering kiln dried firewood. They are down Rt 100 in Pittsfield (closer to Killington) but they deliver to the Valley. I've used them in the past and was very pleased with the quality- very dry, clean wood. No idea how their prices compare but worth checking out: http://www.coltonenterprises.com/

Too bad you're not around the valley. Rootswork has been running a benefit raffle of a cord of firewood, cut, split and delivered. (Within 10 miles of Warren is free, beyond that, an extra charge.)

Tickets are $1 for 1 and 6 for $5. Not a sure thing, but who hasn't thrown away lots of dollars? Someone will be a happy camper!

Raffle will be held at the Rootwork fundraiser tonight, at the Lareau Farm.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.