Cafeteria prices this winter

Does anybody know how much your basic lunch is going to cost in the Sugarbush cafeteria? Killington was really high last year.

Well that depends on what your basic lunch is.......don't you think?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Like sandwitches etc. At Killington, a simple tunafish sandwitch was like $10 without a drink.

Re: reply

Quote Originally Posted by happygirl
    Like sandwitches etc. At Killington, a simple tunafish sandwitch was like $10 without a drink.
    Not like I've got prices memorized, but I think it's safe to say I'll take the under on the price for a similar sammy at SB. The fresh made sandwiches in the cafeteria at LP are legit and usually come in around $7-9, IIRC.

Can't tell you what the prices will be this year but last year I thought they were relatively reasonable. If I recall correctly the sandwiches were $5-6 as were the burgers. Pizza was maybe $3-4

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Can't tell you what the prices will be this year but last year I thought they were relatively reasonable. If I recall correctly the sandwiches were $5-6 as were the burgers. Pizza was maybe $3-4

That sounds alot more reasonable than Killington. I recall a single slice of pizza was some crazy price like $8 or something. Their food prices were horrible. I would end up getting a hot dog at the little stand near needle's eye chair, which would be raw most of the time.

At Killington its cheaper to just eat the money

You should try the salads. The one with the golden raisins and balsalmic dressing was my favorite. The meat and meatless chilis are also very good value/taste.

In the Gatehouse, there are always specials, which are good food and a good value. Last season I was using them as my main meal of the day.

Eat a big meal, go work it off with some more skiing and then eat light in the evening.

If you want a treat at Killington cafeteria prices check out Timbers lunch menu. For a little more than the Gatehouse prices (and maybe even less then Killington cafeteria prices?) have a sit down lunch in a great atmosphere. No lines. No scrambling for table space.

Did that a couple times last season, and the food quality is just so much above the lodge, and for not that much a price difference.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I thought I heard that K was giving food away this year?!

hint: stay at Killington!

I thought I heard that K was giving food away this year?!

And free beer, too??
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

K is a ripp off when it came to food last year.

Quote Originally Posted by It aint Aspen
    At Killington its cheaper to just eat the money
    Too Funny!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Two years ago, I took my buddy to Killington, since he had some $100 in ASC vouchers he needed to burn in the cafeteria. We got like $40 worth of food between the two of us, and it really wasn't that much. A "Cheeseburger Platter" was $12ish and that was a burger, lettuce, tomato, and fries. Soft drinks were something in the neighborhood of $6 for a large. A big cookie was $4. Every time I've eaten this food, I feel like I'm wasting my money. But if he didn't use those vouchers up, they'd be worthless.

I'd much rather go into the Castlerock Pub, order a nacho plate for $5 or $6 (or whatever it is) and walk away full. Goes great with either my Long Trails or Switchbacks.

Mmm.... getting hungry for winter I am!