Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fall foliage 2008

The sun finally came out in the afternoon so I took the cameras out to see what I could come up with.

Farm on Rt 100B....many of you drive by on your way to the Bush

Mad River just above Warren Falls

From Number Nine Hill Rd, Fayston

more pics
    http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php...view_album.php
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Nice shots....

....you have the "knack" !

Not sure who would win the John Atkinson vs. SRO photo smackdown...but both of you do a great job with the visuals (and you, too, Lostone).

And speaking of "(and you, too, Lostone)" . . . Here are a few of mine, mostly from Sugarbush, itself.

As SRO knows, I have been very concerned with the start of foliage season. The colors started out very dull. But things have turned really pretty up here. These shots are all out of my camera before last weekend, but they have been replaced with quite a few others.

What I have so far, is here. Many more will start coming out, in the near future. When they do, I'll post some of them, here. . . in SRO's thread.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Foliage 2008 Photos

Foliage 2008 photos daily here: http://www.hydeawayinn.com/gallery2/v/foliage_2008/. Click on thumbnails to enter photo albums or view larger images. Photos taken around the Valley, some at Sugarbush. Enjoy!

Some good shots, there.

Can't believe you got shots today. You had to be out in the (2) 15 minute periods that it wasn't raining!

Those are beautiful shots.

Oct 1 - coming soon

I haven't been photographing yet today. Post day is for yesterday's photos. Hey, the sun just came out! Shhh...don't say anything it may hide again.

As I was heading out this afternoon to do some errands I saw that the sun was going to honor us with it's presence again so I grabbed my camera and decided to hear up to LP after I checked my mail. Unfortunately my cheap point and shoot doesn't handle very well shooting towards the sun but I still found some foliage looking mighty fine. Always awesome foliage in Southface and today was no exception.

Sugarbusher since 1970

Those trees are so pretty.. It makes me want to drive up there right now

Nice photos, S_R_O! I believe I saw you taking the one of Arnold's sugarhouse--did you happen to get a shot of the two people walking towards you on West Hill Rd?

I thought about it but the trees where you were walking weren't all that great plus it was very dark but I thought about taking a shot when you came to a spot on the road where the sun was shining thru but when I turned around to check your progress you were gone.....

Your an awesome photog, where are your foliage pics?
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Vicarious leafpeeping! saves fuel. But I'd still rather be there. Nice shots , everyone.

I've decided to change the way I've been going thru, and posting my pix. I was starting at the beginning, but at the rate I shoot and the rate I post, you'd see today's pix... in December, or so.

Today, I took around 38 pix, and posted 13.

North is looking good, which is good, as Looking Good is at North. . . I'm sorry!

See South peeking over the top?

And the rain ruins my fun!

The rest of them can be found here.

New ones start on... 10/02.

Have already fallen badly behind my "new system", as I am still posting Friday's pix. Took the lift up and hiked down Lower Jester.

But first I had to get over to the lift.

Always hope for a shot like this!

Finally on my way up Bravo.

And, at the top of Bravo . . .

I took 108 pix, Friday. I've only gone thru the first 36, and the rest of ones I've posted can be found here.

Saturday I did a few shots from the car as my way back from the station and then the farmers' market, then took the lift up and hiked down Snowball. Don't even know how many pix I have from there, but I know there are some great shots to come.

I hiked Mount Ellen yesterday. Not much snow at the top, and it was cloudy and cold (for a change), but the colors were amazing. Pics soon...