Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Aside from accessing the new deck from the snow adjacent to the Bravo lift (great move, BTW), will there be an additional entrance from the South wall of the GH lodge where the windows are now?
    From what I was told there will be an entrance from the west side of the main room out to the new deck.
    So, on that South wall, but on the lookers left if I'm standing at Bravo, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Aside from accessing the new deck from the snow adjacent to the Bravo lift (great move, BTW), will there be an additional entrance from the South wall of the GH lodge where the windows are now?
    From what I was told there will be an entrance from the west side of the main room out to the new deck.
    So, on that South wall, but on the lookers left if I'm standing at Bravo, right?
    Sorry, I meant to say south wall where the windows are for the entrance out to the new deck.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Sorry, I meant to say south wall where the windows are for the entrance out to the new deck.
    That makes a lot of sense. Fundamentally, the previous set up resulted in a huge waste of space, with the downstairs deck area only being usable for 20-30% of the ski season at most. In a world in which people were crammed into the CR Pub cheek by jowl, it really wasn't justifiable to have all that empty space out there for most of the season.

recent pictures anyone?

Uh... Define "recent".

Here are the latest I've posted. I have more recent ones still in Mr Camera, but I've been working at clearing disk space. I had 3 CDs of pix that I've been sorting, editing and moving to CDs.

Most of that is done, and I'm posting some of them. When they are done, I'll post links.

In the mean time, things are looking quite pretty, up here and I'm a shooting fool. I'm afraid that when I get around to unloading the cards, I'll have over a gig of pix taken since last unloading.

For now, I have a few pix taken up to 9-25, but they are cooking with this, so these pix are quite dated, already.

(This area is totally enclosed, now.)

You can see the progression, (other than the first 2 which should be after the second two... but I digress) by looking here.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Losty - thanks so much, the pix are awesome! Keep um coming.....

Figured it might be time for a little update. I have a number of pix between my last and this, but. . .

This is where we were, yesterday.

So Lostone, when did they pour the top slab? That was quick.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I think it was Friday?

I know it was done on Monday, but not sure when the pouring actually was done.

But you're right that they are moving right along.

Looks like I'll need my press pass to get shots of the inside, next.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I think it was Friday?

I know it was done on Monday, but not sure when the pouring actually was done.

But you're right that they are moving right along.

Looks like I'll need my press pass to get shots of the inside, next.
    I was going to ask what sort of work they're doing on that side room to convert it into the new boot/bar area.

Anyone with more recent pics??

I always forget my camera plus I figure Losty will keep taking them. I assume since someone asked he will get over there today.

It's looking awesome, the positive side of the warmup is that they can really crank on it this week. Interestingly they put pavers down for the floor of the deck with under the deck heating with hot water. Also, those who have not been up in awhile will notice a big change where the Blue Tooth was. The new owner of the Den and his family came into the shop last weekend, sounds like it's going to be an awesome sports bar. Can't remember off the top of my head the new name. noski?
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Can't remember off the top of my head the new name. noski?
    Akey's Den. You had it in front of you the whole time....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Can't remember off the top of my head the new name. noski?
    Akey's Den. You had it in front of you the whole time....
    That's on the old Bluetooth site?
    Wherever, a new bar is welcome.