Best price for home heating oil in the valley?

Now that crude oil has dropped 20%, anyone know who has the best price on home heating oil? This would be for delivery in the mad river valley area.

Mad- your price will be determined by how many gallons you typically use in a year. The higher the usage, the lower price per gallon. When shopping by price, keep in mind service. If you ever have need of a service call when it's 20 below and you have taken oil delivery from an out of town provider- you likely won't be able to receive emergency service from anyone else. Keep that in the back of your mind. I have been an FG White customer for more than 20 years. They have 24 hour coverage for service and deliveries.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I'm with Noski on this one. FG White is one of those scarce companies that is a pleasure to do business with. I can't say enough great things about them. They are the whole deal, Quality, Service and Price.

I can't figure out why I pay so much less for so much better service than I do in Ct. Anyone who has been around a while knows they are tho one's to buy oil and gas from in the valley.

Good to know about FG White's service, but since I 've installed numerous heating systems over the years and done every type of maintenance imaginable, right now i'm just looking the cheapest oil around. Have prices been dropping up there, I have not been up in 2 months. Good news is crude prices continue to drop, so home heating oil should follow.

Oil continues to go down. Nationwide home heating oil prices have gone down... but apparently not in the MRV? Anyone know a compnay with a fair price for home heating oil? Are there any buyers clubs?

Thanks!

I'm interested in this as well. We have a house share up there with a new landlord and I want to make sure we aren't paying the higher locked in summer rates.

Quote Originally Posted by skierdon
    I'm interested in this as well. We have a house share up there with a new landlord and I want to make sure we aren't paying the higher locked in summer rates.
    I would think your landlord would be the only one who could tell you if they locked in a price last spring. If he/she did that and alot of folks did, it wouldn't matter what the price is now. There are several types of pre-buy plans so even if they did it might not be as bad as ya think.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

turns out he did prebuy....... i guess as a season-long renter there isn't much we can do. The lease was vague and just stated we are responsible for utilities. Probably not worth getting into it with him now.