Jonesing! Wanting lift access skiing still...

OK. Did my good turn last weekend. For the last 10+ years I have skied this weekend. But alass there is no resort open in N.E. And look now they are calling for a sunny weekend. The pictures of FIS and Rim Run from the air are inticing. I hear Steins and Super Star both have lots of snow. I know I could hike and may do that but there something about 20 runs over already skied bumps then being alone on one or two runs. Who else is sadden?

Nice view of Mt Ellen this evening from Moretown Commons showed FIS quite snow covered still.

wassa matta?

The snow on Steins and Spring Fling couldn'a been betta. Way beyond anything the prior two weekends. Like butta on sweet corn. Sorry I hadda say it. Sometimes you goughtta go for a walk.

Re: wassa matta?

Quote Originally Posted by notorious
    The snow on Steins and Spring Fling couldn'a been betta. Way beyond anything the prior two weekends. Like butta on sweet corn. Sorry I hadda say it. Sometimes you goughtta go for a walk.
    You are da man. Pictures?

Hiking can be so much fun.............

GS: for years you have constantly talked about lift served skiing when the season is over and claimed an overall aversion/disdain to hiking/skinning for turns. Although I like lifts just as much as anyone, from chairs, to pomas, and cats and helis (used 'em all this season), hiking/skinning is just a great way to ski. Give it a whirl a bit more. The world's best terrain can really only be accessed by hiking/skinning................Berthoud and RMP are going off big right now!!!

There's no lift here............

And this one just wouldn't be the same with a lift............