Best breakfast in the MRV?

What are your favorite breakfast spots? I'll be up Thursday night and since the lifts don't spin until 10 am Friday, I'll have plenty of time for a nice long leisurely breakfast. Where do you recommend?

I like the Warren Store for a burrito and sit outside down by the river.

Warren Store is good. Big Picture Cafe has a great breakfast burrito. Spotted Cow has hearty breakfast.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

We've enjoyed the Blue Moon cafe.

nm

Big Picture Cafe

The wife and I went to the Big Picture Cafe for breakfast last Sunday and it was great. Our new fav breakfast place.

http://www.bigpicturetheater.info/do...s/ToGoMenu.pdf
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Re: Best breakfast in the MRV?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    What are your favorite breakfast spots? I'll be up Thursday night and since the lifts don't spin until 10 am Friday, I'll have plenty of time for a nice long leisurely breakfast. Where do you recommend?
    Love the BigPic, but I believe it is closed from April 21 to May 6
    Spotted Cow and Easy Street should both be open.

jkvt
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. - A. A. Milne

Love the Big Picture and they have WiFi. Warren store has great Croissants but I think only on weekends.

While Spotted Cow is closed - a new spot has opened at the Hostel Tevere (say: Tev-er-ray). Mr. noski and I had breakfast there yesterday and were really, REALLY pleased. I had an omelet with spinach, carmilized onion and goat cheese, Red Hen's Mad River Grain toasted, and crispy homefries. Mr. noski had an omelet with spinach, chorizo and swiss with salsa as well as toast and homefries.

Breakfast is served each day except Tuesday. Weekends 7am-1:30pm and Weekdays 7am - 11:30am. Here is a good "first tracks' breakfast spot for you. With coffee, we were out of there spending less than $20

Located at the former Powderhound in Warren, just south of the Access Rd. I think I will try the gingerbread pancakes next time...

Wasn't that called Sweetwood, or something like that? Did they change their name, or is it another place in almost the same location? And is the Powderhound no longer the Powderhound?

So many questions... but thanx for the report.

Anyone else with breakfast or restaurant reports would be welcome.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

when did the Spotted Cow close? My wife didn't like that place so I never got to go anyway.

Yes there used to be a restaurant at the Powderhound called Sweetwoods.

FWIW-On our last trip up we tried the Green Cup for the first time for dinner and to say it was great would be an understatement. Subsequently returned for lunch and that was awesome too.

I thought I saw a sign this weekend that the Sweetwood was reopening. Can anybody confirm that?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I thought I saw a sign this weekend that the Sweetwood was reopening. Can anybody confirm that?
    Yes, I can confirm that it is not. Sweetwoods no longer exists. The owners of the restaurant and main building sold to Giles and Sarah. They have opened a Hostel (Hostel Tevere), and use the restaurant space for public breakfast, as well as hostel guest breakfast. Hostel will serve dinner, family style to its guest. Depending on the number of hostel guests, they may end up just sitting down to dinner with Giles and Sarah. Sarah's sister Jess is the chef, professionally trained.

The bar is open every night (except Tuesday) at 4pm until closing (late on weekend/holidays) and serving nice bar apps.

Ok so the restaurant is open for breakfast but under a different owner and name. I knew I saw something.

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!