Waitsfield Green Farmer's Market Begins???

Could someone (Noski) tell me what date the Waitsfield Farmer's Market begins this year?

As always, Thanks much

YS

But of course.... May 17- October 18 (maybe one week longer depending on weather/bounty). You can go online and check out different aspects of the market at www.WaitsfieldFarmersMarket.com The site is just now being populated, so you may need to check back when it gets a bit closer..... Snowing like crazy right now- it's only 9 more months to winter....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

It was great to see the Farmer's Market open and thriving again last Saturday. It helped that the weather was wonderful, but even so, with no tourists to speak of half the valley must have been there.

What a great day they had for the opening!

You're right that everyone was there!

Good time listening to music,

gathering with friends and family,

share a frosty one, or two,

Or just work on your ride.

More pix can be found, starting with the last pic on this page and continuing to the end of the album.

The earlier pix in that album are also of the farmers' market, but from previous years. I am in the slow process of deleting them, so if you haven't seen them...

No vegies at the market, yet, but these will appear with time.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Got up the pix from last weekend. They can be found, starting here.

It was a much cooler day, but as it was Memorial Day weekend, there were a lot more people there. I fear for this weekend, but we'll see what the weather brings, as opposed to the forecast. Still, we really could use the rain.

Put up a few more pix. These are from 6-07, and start here.

There are a few good ones there... or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

For those interested in getting a look at the scene of the farmers' market, I have put up a bunch more pix since last I posted in this thread. They start here on 6/21 and now contain most Saturdays going to 8/9.

I think there are some interesting shots in there.

For those who don't get up here in the summer, this is the spot you find almost everyone in the valley. Great veggies, lots of assorted food and interesting crafts to see and even purchase.

I know you were dying to ask, but I wanted to get here before you had a chance. That's why I only waited 3 weeks to tell you that the Farmers' Market is once again, running. This weekend was the third weekend.

First weekend was a little light. It was cold and damp. But last week was a gorgeous day with tons of people. (Oh yeah, and it was Memorial Day Weekend, too. ) This last weekend had quite a good turnout, despite an on and off threatening sky.

Veggies are staring to come out, but most of it is crafts and foods. Yesterday's new thing was a Localvore demo of cooking appetizers from ingredients purchased at the market. Yesterday, Gerry and Missey (sp?) from Timbers. They made Hippy Cakes, so I was allowed to try one. They were good!

These cooking demonstrations will be done ~ once per month.

I have taken some pix from the first two weeks, but it will likely be a while before I post them.

If you wish to see any of the pix from previous years, their location has changed. I had them on an MSN Groups site. MSN closed down that function. They are now on a Multiply site. You can see them here.

Finally got a few of the shots from the farmers' market up. Some might wonder why anyone would post pix of vendors at a farmers' market, but you'll find very few pix of vendors. Rather, they are candid shots of people enjoying themselves, there.

Unfortunately, Multiply doesn't allow hotlinking, so I can't show any of the images here. As a result, no new albums will be started there. As this one has been running for years I'll keep adding to it.

These pix are pretty good. Anyone interested in seeing any of the others, check out the Farmers Market album, on the Multiply site.

http://images.zorange.multiply.com/i...nmid=291122709

http://images.zorange.multiply.com/i...nmid=290684415

http://images.zorange.multiply.com/i...nmid=291122709

http://images.zorange.multiply.com/i...nmid=290684415

http://images.zorange.multiply.com/i...nmid=181472915

Many many more to go.