Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

08/09 Passes Announced

Prices and passes available, best rates are if purchased by 5/1/08... check out the link on sugarbush.com under tickets/passes for "season passes"

Found this mentioned under the Mt Ellen passes....
    "Discount tickets available during "blackouts."
    I'm assuming this means Lincoln Peak tix at Sugarcard rates... please please don't tell me holidays are blacked out for ME Plus passes....

I'm almost ready to break down and get the all-mtn pass, though I'll probably stick with the ME Plus.

What will be the cost of the add on for the Summer Pass for MTB, F-Golf and Z-line? Is there a discount for buying both at the same time?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    What will be the cost of the add on for the Summer Pass for MTB, F-Golf and Z-line? Is there a discount for buying both at the same time?
    That would be smart - encourage year-round patronage by those who are already comfortable with the region.

Regardless, these prices are too rich for my blood, coming up from NYC.

[quote="Tin Woodsman"]

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    That would be smart - encourage year-round patronage by those who are already comfortable with the region.

I did it for the first time this season and it was great. I've skied about 35 days so the pass sure was worth it. And my wife has gone from a reluctant, "I'll ski a few runs if it's nice out" kind of skier to a real enthusiast. Yesterday I took her for her first runs on middle earth and slidebrook. Having a wife who is psyched to drive up is more than worth the cost of the season pass.

Footnote. SB was really kind to us in purchasing my wife's pass. Without getting into details, they went "above and beyond". They will realize the dividends for years to come, as she is hooked.

FWIW-last year there was no tie in with the MTB passes.

I had no interest in the biking, so didn't really pay attention, but there was definitely a discount on the summer pass with an add-on of your winter 07-08 pass.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I had no interest in the biking, so didn't really pay attention, but there was definitely a discount on the summer pass with an add-on of your winter 07-08 pass.
    You may have not had interest in the biking but I know you wore the heck out of the disk golf part of the pass. Every time I was up biking I saw you.

Any word what the College Pass rate will be and if they will be doing the "College Plus One" deal?

You may have not had interest in the biking but I know you wore the heck out of the disk golf part of the pass. Every time I was up biking I saw you.
    If you saw me on the upper course, I was most likely hiking and taking pix.

Almost all my playing was on the lower course. That said, I've had tons of people talking to me about the disc golf. And I've mentioned it to people as part of the "So what do you do, up here, in the summer?" answer, on the lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger
    Any word what the College Pass rate will be and if they will be doing the "College Plus One" deal?
    For any questions about season passes you can call 1-800-53-SUGAR(537-8427) and they can answer 95% of any question you might have. They can transfer you to the Season Pass office or you can call direct to the Season Pass/Ticket office in Gatehouse, 802-583-6533.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

That's so funny. I open up the pics and there I am. Good work Lostone. Nice shot.

College pass, and college pass +1 are BS in my opinion. Nice to see its so important for the young punks to get a practically free season passes, meanwhile young workers, couples & families get hung out to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by madhavok
    College pass, and college pass +1 are BS in my opinion. Nice to see its so important for the young punks to get a practically free season passes, meanwhile young workers, couples & families get hung out to dry.
    You've always got something to complain about, don't you?

As a college student, I'm always quite pleased to see discounted rates for students. I agree that it is very difficult for most folks to afford season passes, but a lot of college students can barely afford to go to school and eat, let alone go skiing.

As for me... I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually paid to go skiing

Gotta love being in and around the ski business from day one!

Hawk, was it on the first page it opened to? That would be funny, as it is the second page of the album. Most on the first page were as they were setting things up.

Glad you liked the shot. I took tons of them, and only posted pounds.

I was just wandering down, looking for good shots.

madhavok, the theory is you give college students (and for the first year after, in this case) a break on price, when they are living on nothing and when they have the higher level of disposable income, which is why they're going to college. they'll remember the fun they had, and return.

Not that great an idea to you, but I don't know of a ski area that doesn't, have the college pass program. If it is not a good idea, they're all fooled, together. The college +1 idea I haven't heard before, but still sounds like a good idea, too me.

As for families, there are breaks there, too. It plays along the same lines. Give them a break while they're struggling and they might remember it when they're (hopefully) beyond the struggle.

Montpelier, Vt....Steamboat CO for next two years
    [quote="BushMogulMaster"]
    Quote Originally Posted by madhavok

Gotta love being in and around the ski business from day one!
    Good winter...couldn't agree more. Bad winter....couldn't be more stressed.

On to the college pass, why shouldn't they offer discounts?? Ask anyone who has ever been to college and you'll understand that college students are always poor!! They're in college to eventually become wealthy and spend their money with businesses that treated them well in the past....the college +1 is giving Sugarbush a definite edge in this category. Awesome job!