Thread: The Flu

The Flu

Has anyone come down with this winter's flu? There are apparently 3 strains making the rounds in the Valley- intestinal, upper respitory and lower respitory. It's all nasty. What are you tried and true methods of dealing with the flu once you get it? Me? I am staving it off the best I can, though I have the runny nose, scratchy throat symptoms....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Upper respiratory here!

Caught it over Presidents' Day weekend at SB. Copious doses of Nyquil, Daycare, some cough syrup and plenty of Hall's Breezers. Drink a ton of water.

The flu is in my household- so washing my hands all the time, keeping my distance, drinking water, massive vitamin C intake, Zicam et al. I am going to try and NOT get it.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Re: The Flu

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Has anyone come down with this winter's flu? There are apparently 3 strains making the rounds in the Valley- intestinal, upper respitory and lower respitory. It's all nasty. What are you tried and true methods of dealing with the flu once you get it? Me? I am staving it off the best I can, though I have the runny nose, scratchy throat symptoms....
    Got the shot this year...and still came down with the intestinal version. So far I am just trying to keep one step ahead of the rest.

jkvt

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. - A. A. Milne

It's going around over here in Burlington too...I know of at least 4 people that have had it. Lasts about a week. High fever (103ish)for 2-3 days, then kinda turns into a chest cold. Luckily I havent caught it. Knock on wood.