Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it dumping up there??!!??

Please let me know that it is

Re: Is it dumping up there??!!??

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Please let me know that it is
    Dumping???not yet...but it is coming down and covering things up
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. - A. A. Milne

Maybe your standards for dumping are higher than mine ... seems to be coming down at a good enough rate to call it. Several inches already and the woods are shaping up quickly!

Last chair was better than first.

John

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    Maybe your standards for dumping are higher than mine ... seems to be coming down at a good enough rate to call it. Several inches already and the woods are shaping up quickly!

John
    Judging from the temps and forecast, the early snow should be of the wet variety providing a good base in the woods. Is this so?

Starting to dump now. 2" since 9:30am is not what I would call dumping. I have not started the truck yet, but looks like it is going to be a long nite.

Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy
    Starting to dump now. 2" since 9:30am is not what I would call dumping. I have not started the truck yet, but looks like it is going to be a long nite.
    Whenever I see that Plowboy is the most recent poster in a thread related to the weather, I get a warm feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson

John
    Well you're up high...down in town it was steady but slow...although it has really picked up now.

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. - A. A. Milne

Snow...? I... I don't remember any snow. You must be thinking of somewhere else... ?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

7:30 PM

About 4-5" at the base, Temp 25F, light to moderate snow

Of course it is dumping. I am out of town!

Sorry Win

If the trend continues, we might have to vote you off the Island

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Now I don't feel so bad about my meeting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Me too Win... DisneyWorld keeps telling me that all my dreams will come true, but I think that will only happen if they send me home in the next two hours!
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

What's happening? radar is disturbing.

No worries. Completely hurling snow all the way to the lowest Valley elevations. Challenging drive to and from Waterbury. At least six at the house in Motown. Wet now, but was dry all day. Not sure how it is up high anymore. More info after sampling tomorrow.

John