Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynastar

Dynastar

quick question...seems like Dynastar is the official ski of SB...I'm looking at either: (adding to the quiver)

Dynastar Big Trouble 186cm
    Dynastar 8800 168cm

I'm 5'10" 185-190 expert...currently skiing Atomic M10 (78 underfoot) If I was to get 1 more ski for pow days/all mtn, what would yo suggest??

I just demo'd the Salomon X Wing Sandstorm for Sat and Sun this past weekend. I Liked 'em. I liked 'em alot. 96 mm underfoot at 173cm. Good stability at speed Light, lively and very quick for a gurthy waist. Nimble in the bumps, trees good edge hold on the packed and even the ice. I'm also looking to add a fatter board to the quiver and this one is defintely in the running for me.

There is only one ... the Legend Pro XXL. Next year it will come in 187cm too. I know it seems like a ton of ski, but it will blow you away with a ton of fun! I got an early pair of the 187's and haven't looked back, even on the firm days a few weeks ago.

John

bums I ski with swear by those Salomon's and as evidenced by their 'up a notch' skiing since having them under foot says a lot, they are both experts, like trees, steeps, bumps, and of course, all the powder they can farm.
    You might consider the newest model in the K2 family though. . . . . I ski the Recon's and although not fat under foot ( I like to sink as much as I can in powder - too much underfoot and I stay on top - I want waist deep and face shots if the depth is there, right?) these skis perform well in almost everything. even the rare 30-40 MPH cruising on hardpack.
    Skiing 178cm.
    Think they are wood core too - like that a lot - light ( not as light as those Salomons - I think they are the lightest ski on market outside of Goode carbon fiber which come in at 900 grams! I loved them - but they lasted 7 days 2 years ago in the East.

Re: Dynastar

Quote Originally Posted by SKIQUATTRO
    quick question...seems like Dynastar is the official ski of SB...
    Amazing what junk people will buy with their pro-form.....

K2-PE Baby.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

The anti XXL................

The dynastar is a throw away board.............. K2 Made'n AKs: 108 mm under the foot. Kinda like Morrison vs Nobis. Come on John, just say no to Dynastar.......... Or if you want the ultimate just take out a pr of Stockli Scot Schmidts: 186 cm & 91 mm under the foot. The made'n is on its way to BC next week along with my Prior Originals.

Move to Misc.

I like these in the stiff version.....VERY NICE!

http://pmgear.com/product_info.php?c...products_id=85
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Throwaway, that's funny. Egan's office is filled with Dynastars that he continues to ski. And last I checked, he isn't easy on his gear.

Lots of companies make great skis. SkiQuattro was asking about Dynastars.

Big dump coming!

John

Whatever you do, don't demo Legend Pro or Pro XXL on days like last weekend or this coming weekend... or be ready to buy them that afternoon. There is no other outcome for demoing them on a soft snow day.

since my current ski is 74 underfoot....would you think it'd be better to have my 2nd ski be the 8800 (88 underfoot) or jump to like a Sugar Daddy at 99 underfoot....I ski 99% east coast (SB, MRG, Smuggs, K etc) what would be the best choice? I can grab the 8800 w/ bindings for like $200....or the Sugar Daddies for $500...

try the head monster 88's too

If you're looking for an 88 underfoot you should also try the monster 88's. I demoed a bunch of stuff and found these by far the most fun and versatile, and they have a great turn radius for a midfat. But that's just me...

As Yoda might say,"Skis do not a skier make" ....Egan is a bad example for ski selection. I am sure he does not pay the same price we would and he can carve perfect turns on two 2x4's nailed to the botton his work boots. That being said, there are all kinds of skiers with all kinds of styles.

Skiquattro, my advice is go demo both. You might find that your individual style favors one or the other.

Now go RIP IT UP!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

try the head monster 88's too

If you're looking for an 88 underfoot you should also try the monster 88's. I demoed a bunch of stuff and found these by far the most fun and versatile, and they have a great turn radius for a midfat. But that's just me...

xxl crow

Dynastar, they're a little better than 2x4s, and they are preferred by ski professionals 3-1 over other brands!

Didn't Dynastar have a facility or DC up in Burlington? I remember working with a guy about 11 years ago @ the Bush and he worked for Dynastar up in Burlington but don't remember what he did or what the company did up there.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.