Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynastar

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Didn't Dynastar have a facility or DC up in Burlington? I remember working with a guy about 11 years ago @ the Bush and he worked for Dynastar up in Burlington but don't remember what he did or what the company did up there.
    Good memory, SRO. They had a production facility up on Industrial Ave in Williston. I actually went into the production area several times, it was loud, bright and really cool.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Hawk,

You make the case for Dynastar with your arguments. According to you, the price Egan pays for the skis would make them easier to throw away, but he doesn't. He could also get skis from any company, but chooses Dynastar.

As for his ability to carve a 2x4, this comes from his construction background, not his skiing background. Again, even though he could excel on junk skis, he chooses not to.

Demo like crazy, but be prepared for some changes in your skiing if you pick one of the good wider rides. Like being able to ignore almost every obstacle on the hill.

John

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Didn't Dynastar have a facility or DC up in Burlington? I remember working with a guy about 11 years ago @ the Bush and he worked for Dynastar up in Burlington but don't remember what he did or what the company did up there.
    Good memory, SRO. They had a production facility up on Industrial Ave in Williston. I actually went into the production area several times, it was loud, bright and really cool.
    Thanks noski...appreciate ya filling in the gaps from your seemingly unending supply of regional factoids. I know...it's your job
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Dynastar and Rossi were up there for years until they packed up and headed to Utah a couple of years ago.

My past 2 pairs of skis (before my current Mantras) were the Legend 8000 and the Intuitiv 74. Dynastar makes some great skis and I was very close to getting the Legend Pros this time around. So far I'm loving the Mantra though.

John, I guess I was just stirring the pot a little. Point is that most people are brand loyal. You guys certainly are. I tried several of the Dynastar models that came up here and found them not to suit me. While good in powder they did not cut it in quickness edge to edge in the bumps. I was looking for a good compromise and came up with K2. The point was that people differ wildly in style and ability. You will never truly know what’s best for you until you try lots of skis. Listening to a recommendation on the website is a good start but is not the way to determine which ski to buy.

Also my argument was not that Dynastar is a throw away ski. I would not throw a $600 ski away. What I was saying is that, and correct me if I'm wrong but Egan is sponsored by Dynastar right? Or if not sponsored then a very nice pro-form deal. If I had that deal I would reconsider trying them again. At least for a powder ski. Right now I am getting K2 Public Enemys for $259. They ski freestyle bumps as good as a straight ski. They also are wide enough that they do well in Pow and Crud. One other thing that I found as a side benefit is that they were build for the parks. That means that they are bomb-proof with a wood core and thicker edges to withstand the rails in parks. Now I have taken them down Castlerock a hundred times with reckless abandon in early and late season and have never blown an edge for destroyed them. Now that is a Bomb-Proof.

So, try lots of skis, demo, demo, demo and find the ski that fits you. Ski's are like Ladies....Do not take any man's word ......
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Ski's are like Ladies....Do not take any man's word ......

I like that analogy!

"Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."