Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hey Lostone... FYI, I reviewed the code, and it is extremely possible for an "R" to be put in place of the "X." It's just a very simple html table, and you can input whatever character you want. Even if they do use a "select-all" type feature, anyone with even the slightest knowledge of html could hop in and throw "R's" in for the racing trails. Would take about 10 seconds at most. That is, assuming whoever is doing the website knows anything at all about html..........

For those web/programming gurus out there, the format for the table looks like this (I added the dark red comments to explain what you're seeing):

Quote Originally Posted by sugarbush.com html code
    <tr valign="top">
    <td width="325">LINCOLN PEAK
    // Mountain name goes on this line

<table width="325" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" class="trail_border">
    <tr>
    <td colspan="4" class="trail_name">Valley House Double</td> // Lift name goes on this line

<td class="trail_name">Closed</td> // Lift status goes on this line
    </tr>
    <tr class="blue_background">
    <td>Trail</td>
    <td width="21"></td>
    <td width="35">Open</td>
    <td width="55">Groomed</td>

<td width="75">Snowmaking</td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td>Stein's Run</td> // Trail name goes on this line
    <td>[img]../images/admin/Expert.gif[/img]</td>
    <td>X</td> // Trail status goes here... see, it would be easy to just substitute an "R" for the "X." It's only one keystroke of html. Simple.
    <td></td>

<td></td>
    </tr>

Quote Originally Posted by madhavok
    Will provide an update next week.
    I can hardly wait.

Quote Originally Posted by madhavok
    Unfortunately due to important plans I could not make it up to Sugarbush this weekend.

Oddly enough I ran into someone through work who skied at Sugarbush this past Friday & Saturday with his crew.

You see I haven’t mentioned this thread or subject to anyone, so I was pretty shocked when he started bitching about racing trails that were marked as open on the website for both days. Now according to him, trails were closed at South on Friday and North on Saturday, but he didn’t remember the trail names? I don’t know if it was true or not and I certainly wasn’t going to waste any time asking him about or explaining the “R” for reserved to this Kmart regular.

I should be skiing the next 7 weekends so I’ll be checking on this but I’ll be pretty surprised if Sugarbush is regularly providing misleading information on their website.

Will provide an update next week.
    Well, just have a look here: http://www.sugarbush.com/snowandtrai...sandtrails.asp

Notice the difference? It's taken care of. There's an "R" online now as well. There should be no further confusion, either at the resort, or online. It is plainly noted on the trail report at all locations.

Wow - now that's the perfect example of "ask and yee shall receive"
    How many other resorts do that these days?

Reason #952: the Sugarbush Difference

we are going to do it.