Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SuperBowl festivities

Every year I come up to ski superbowl weekend and watch the game. Frankly, the choices for watching the game are pretty lame. Last year we were at the Smokehouse. This year we'll likely stay in unless there is something doing at the mountain. I mean, it's Pats-Giants for god's sake and the Pats are undefeated. It would be really great if the CR pub was open. That would be the perfect place to watch the game.

At least it's on regular TV this time
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Yeah, not too many choices. Big Picture is doing something. Phoenix has a projection TV. Smokehouse has $2.50 microbrews and cheap munchies.

I could see Timbers having a nice setup for a party.

The Hideaway has small Tvs for watching the commercials and a pool table for something to do during the game. And..Beer

i heard there are free fried squirrel apps

someone said there are electric char suicide squirrel apps for the game.
    been valley enthusiast since 1620

That would be at Timbers or Sweetwoods. Nobody else is so haute cuisine...

Always a good time at the big wrap-around bar at Egan's... not a whole lot of party space per se, but a pretty good-sized screen on one side...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Superbowl -- where to be

I understand "pickins' are slim" this year but, apparently, the Hyde Away is the place to be. I understand there isn't much, if anything, happening at the mountain or elsewhere. The Hyde Away recently installed an LCD screen in the pool room and will have a total of 5 TVs for the Superbowl. I'm told they're having draft beer specials, appetizer specials, complimentary munchies, and a football pool.

Could be a good time!

Re: Superbowl -- where to be

Quote Originally Posted by on_edge
    I understand "pickins' are slim" this year but, apparently, the Hyde Away is the place to be. I understand there isn't much, if anything, happening at the mountain or elsewhere. The Hyde Away recently installed an LCD screen in the pool room and will have a total of 5 TVs for the Superbowl. I'm told they're having draft beer specials, appetizer specials, complimentary munchies, and a football pool.

Could be a good time!
    Someone might have already mentioned but BigPic is showing the game on their 40ft. screen.

jkvt
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. - A. A. Milne

Re: Superbowl -- where to be

Quote Originally Posted by jkvt
    Quote Originally Posted by on_edge

Could be a good time!
    Someone might have already mentioned but BigPic is showing the game on their 40ft. screen.

jkvt
    That's what I'm talking about. They have good food there too.

I think someone mentioned the concept of having a big screen with nothing much else going on vs. the reverse. I suppose one thing to consider would be where that big screen is. A big screen in a big room works. Smokehouse, for example, is a large open space. At Big Picture, it would be like watching a movie. At the Hyde Away, the room layout is a series of smaller connected spaces. A really huge screen wouldn't work well there. But multiple screens with all the beer specials and munchies, etc. should be a nice balance.

Smokehouse and Hyde have both been jammin for the playoffs . Both are offering food and beer specials, and I'm sure they'll be packed on Sunday. Go Giants...

sounds like on-edge has some relationship to the hyde away...
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

Quote Originally Posted by boze
    sounds like on-edge has some relationship to the hyde away...
    Who cares? Anybody who has patronized the place does!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."