Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

pretty simple: i'm averse to posters who do so for their own commercial interest

and find it very coincidental that on edge has a join date of 2 days ago and total of 2 posts only eachpromoting the hyde away
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

boze -- if you come to the Hyde Away, for the Superbowl or any other time, I don't make a dime. I have no commercial interest. I agree with freeheel. I've been going there for years (pretty much my living room). And, IMHO, you can't beat the atmosphere. The Hyde Away is my favorite place to be any time. If you don't agree, you're entitled to your opinion. Good luck wherever you go. As for my recent join, I've been meaning to for a while and this item caught my attention. Just sharing what I know.

appreciate the clarification
    apologies for being overly-wary of this board getting 'corrupted' like some others have suffered
    glad that you've now joined
    btw, i'm no stranger to the hyde away &* agree it's a good joint
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

you'll have to excuse boze. he took the red eye back from Utah on monday just as they were in the midst of getting 3 feet of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by boze
    appreciate the clarification
    apologies for being overly-wary of this board getting 'corrupted' like some others have suffered
    glad that you've now joined
    btw, i'm no stranger to the hyde away &* agree it's a good joint
    No worries. I did find it ironic that someone in the publishing business would be so wary of promotions, though.

Like you need somebody here to promote the Hyde. Everybody will do good business on Sunday. Did I mention-GO GIANTS. Well, really I'd just like to see a good game, but in the spirit of The Den - GO GIANTS...

Quote Originally Posted by boze
    pretty simple: i'm averse to posters who do so for their own commercial interest

and find it very coincidental that on edge has a join date of 2 days ago and total of 2 posts only eachpromoting the hyde away
    Just curious Bose, why are you so adverse? You realize that we have several prominent members of this community that self promote all this time. I think that this board in general promotes the mountain and the valley. I see people all the time get angry on this and other forums about this topic and I don't understand. I think its fine in moderation. We are one big MRV family after all. So what are your thoughts?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by on_edge
    At Big Picture, it would be like watching a movie.

I guess you've never been there.
    The theater where they will show the game is big and open with sofas and chairs and a bar. Yah, there is some theater seating.
    The screen is large enough so that you will be able to see every drop of sweat and blood splashing from Eli as he gets pummeled in the backfield.

"It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba
    Quote Originally Posted by on_edge
    At Big Picture, it would be like watching a movie.

I guess you've never been there.
    The theater where they will show the game is big and open with sofas and chairs and a bar. Yah, there is some theater seating.
    The screen is large enough so that you will be able to see every drop of sweat and blood splashing from Eli as he gets pummeled in the backfield.
    The Big Picture Cafe is now open 10-10 and serves breakfast, has a soda fountain, has a tapas menu, entrees and a bar. The last time the wife and I saw a movie the place was hopping.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Sugarbush Ski Club met at the Big Picture and had their race on the Big Screen......great time, good food, and....beer

SB Game Viewing

The projection screen at the Pheonix stinks...saw the NCAA national champ game a year ago and the resolution was awful. Kind of surprised Sugarbush is not jumping on the opportunity to promote Timbers/CR Pub and to continue their plight of driving business out of the other local establishments.

BTW...I'm having a party down in Boston and you are all invited! I have a big screen HD TV, wings, chili, pulled chicken, beer & wine not too mention it will be a 5 to 1 ratio of gals to guys!

With a ratio like that one has to ask the question, how is it possible for Johnny to be angry?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryJohnny
    BTW...I'm having a party down in Boston and you are all invited! I have a big screen HD TV, wings, chili, pulled chicken, beer & wine not too mention it will be a 5 to 1 ratio of gals to guys!
    2 to 1 is a better ratio. Send the extra girls up to Warren for us skiers.

Ended up at the big picture and it was great. They served food/drink into the theater with the huge screen. Nice crowd but not too much.
    Looked like there was a good crowd at the smokehouse and hideaway, too.