Driving ideas from NYC

I've made this trip many times, both by going up 87, and cutting over, or by going from 95 to 91.

Any opinions on which is faster?

SRO, thank you very much... I should have done some searching on here before posting. I think I will be closest to the West Side Highway (picking up Mrs. Shorty Anvil), so Win's comment was particularly helpful of the postings I just skimmed.

See you in the trees!

No problem Shorty......don't know when your driving up but if it's today/tonight I would do the I95/I91/I89 route simply cause with the traffic and it being kinda warm the roads will be abit greasy and it could be slow going on Rt 149 and then Rt 100 via the Thruway/Northway route and I would go to the Middlesex exit and down Rt 100B/Rt100 as Roxbury Gap could be tricky.

Bottom line is both main routes will work I would just stay off the gaps since the roads might be abit dicey.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

anyway you slice it, it's 300+ mi., so let's just say that it ain't as close as Waitsfield. Still, had a blast, and will be back for 2/2 - 2/4. Go big blue!