Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite quick restaurant(s) on your way up.

Quick easy ummy food that is not fast food plus inexpensive.

Pizza: Ramunto's Sicilian Pizza 31 Main St Lebanon, NH 03784 (603) 298-6060 They have a large selection of pre-made pizzas by the slice. Try the garlic ribbon edge version. ~$3.00/large slice

Fish: The Weathervane 263 Plainville Rd Rte 12A, West Lebanon, NH Great fish and chips. If there is a line by pass it and sit at the bar. Order your fish and chips right off then drinks. You can be in and out in 20 minutes. ~$6.25/fish and chips plate.

Those are my suggestions. Anyone else have any secret find?

Lui Lui's in West Lebanon also (Exit 20 off 89) is good. It's also next to an REI Outlet and an L.L. Bean just in case you need to pick up some extra thermal draws for this upcoming arctic blast.

truck stop off exit 16 at whaleback. Great Hershey's bars and diet coke.

1. Exit 4 Mobil. Gas and a nice selection of Rosie's Beef Jerky. Pop Corn machine too.

2. We like Lui Lui as well if we get an early start and have the time. Can get busy.

you guys are panzies. We stop for 'nothing and no one.

Quote Originally Posted by walks
    truck stop off exit 16 at whaleback. Great Hershey's bars and diet coke.
    I once had the worst BBQ sandwhich there, the meat was so tough I ended up throwing it out and I had the good denture adhesive on that day. I should have went with the candy bar and soda. The gasoline was excellent tho.

There was a Burger King in the gas station across the interstate from that truck stop for a few years so as far as speed it couldn't be beat. A whopper for the road while your gassing up.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

who said panzies? panzies?! haven't i been with you on many a powder day when you've begged for your 10am fix of chilli? i swear i won't tell a soul!

OK, back on topic:
    I89 exit 3, couple miles N/W on 107 (you'd pass this if you taking Bethel Mtn Rd to Rte 100), at the mini mart /gas station stop. they have full deli in the back. make a mean hot pastrami, among other things. soups decent too. fill up your tank & the cars in under 10 minutes.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

6 years of every Friday night and I think I have found the best pizza in VT. (maybe NE)

I91, Exit 3 (Brattleboro) 3/4 of the way around the rotary,

Village Pizza. Great service, very clean, and delicious pie, grinders or simple salads. Their meatball grinder is awesome.
    Never a wait, and with practice, you can call in your order in back around MA exit 28 or so.

I was very disappointed with Lui Lui. they served me cold pizza (un-excusable) and I thought it was pricey.
    Their staff was the most inspired I have seen in Lebanon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Windshield Ski Bum
    6 years of every Friday night and I think I have found the best pizza in VT. (maybe NE)

I91, Exit 3 (Brattleboro) 3/4 of the way around the rotary,

Village Pizza. Great service, very clean, and delicious pie, grinders or simple salads. Their meatball grinder is awesome.
    Never a wait, and with practice, you can call in your order in back around MA exit 28 or so.
    I stopped there on the way back down New Year's Day. Pizza was typical New England Greek pizza - pretty good, but nothing to write home about in my book. Real nice guys though, and it's hard to beat the convenience.

FWIW, on the way back down, there is that gourmet food/sandwich place in the red bldg at Exit 2 off 91 that shouldn't be missed. Simply outstanding.

I tend not to stop for food on the way up. If I do, it's usually Panera in Lebanon.

As for the best pizza, it is definitely American Flatbread.

Used to be
    THE FORT @ EXIT 18
    151 Heater Road
    Lebanon, NH 03766

Trucker paradise! Huge diner style meals for short money.
    You can even take a shower downstairs!
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

ditto on Ramunto's.

when we lived in MA and did the drive, that was a good stop at Ramunto's. My friend Josh always finds good food.

Anyhow, they moved.. so exit 19 in NH, not 20, left off ramp, down a mi or so on right behind dartmouth movers. You can call ahead for take out, so you do not have to stop for a long time.
    been valley enthusiast since 1620

What about up 87/149/4 in NY?

Any good quick take out? I loathe the whole convenience store, "Let me interest you in a 48hour old stale bread sub, or god forbid, the rolling meat product under a heat lamp."

Fresh baked bread, fresh sliced (non nitrate) meats.. It is not rocket science.
    been valley enthusiast since 1620

good eats

Since Ramunto's moved we usually stop at Panera in Lebanon. The food is excellent even though its chain. One of these days I'm going to track down the new location of Ramunto's. Thanks for the tip on where they moved to. I'm glad to hear about the stop on the way to Bethel Mt. Road. I'm going to check that out too.

Good idea for a thread Treeskier.

If driving thru Rutland a great place for take out is Gille's Delicatesen
    http://yellowpages.superpages.com/pr...D%3D~lbp_1.htm
    It's just off Rt 4, a local fav for years, quick and reasonably priced. You take a left at the traffic light just before the big dip, I think Stewarts is on the corner, go less than a mile and it's on the right.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.