(FROM THE PAST) School shooting incident discussion

NOTE:
    This is not a new incident.

I just needed to remove it from another topic, as it was taking on a life of its own.

Lostone

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Unfortunately it happens in Vermont as well. About a year ago a kid went into a middle school up in Essex and killed a popular teacher. I have 3 kids but I refuse to allow that stuff to change the way our family operates. I see no logic as to how cell phones or walki-talkies would prevent that stuff from happening. However, as parents, you have to do what makes you comfortable, I think we all understand that.
    Actually wasn't a kid...

"ESSEX, Vt. — A man accused of killing two people and wounding two others in a shooting rampage that began at his ex-girlfriend's home and continued at an elementary school pleaded not guilty Friday, while a prosecutor said the suspect confessed to the crimes. Christopher A. Williams, 27"...

I don't think we've ever had a genuine school shooting in VT... let's hope it stays that way...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Lets hope that not child or parent on the planet ever has to experience this trama, ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Unfortunately it happens in Vermont as well. About a year ago a kid went into a middle school up in Essex and killed a popular teacher. I have 3 kids but I refuse to allow that stuff to change the way our family operates. I see no logic as to how cell phones or walki-talkies would prevent that stuff from happening. However, as parents, you have to do what makes you comfortable, I think we all understand that.
    Actually wasn't a kid...

"ESSEX, Vt. — A man accused of killing two people and wounding two others in a shooting rampage that began at his ex-girlfriend's home and continued at an elementary school pleaded not guilty Friday, while a prosecutor said the suspect confessed to the crimes. Christopher A. Williams, 27"...

I don't think we've ever had a genuine school shooting in VT... let's hope it stays that way...
    From WCAX "After not finding his girlfriend he went on a rampage in the school and fatally shot teacher Alicia Shanks and wounded teacher Mary Snedeker" How is that not genuine?
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Actually wasn't a kid...

From WCAX "After not finding his girlfriend he went on a rampage in the school and fatally shot teacher Alicia Shanks and wounded teacher Mary Snedeker" How is that not genuine?
    I don't mean not genuine as in not significant, important, or tragic - I just mean that it wasn't a "traditional" school shooting in that the shooter was not a student at the school, and the shooting was actually the product of a domestic dispute, not a school-related issue.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Actually wasn't a kid...

I don't mean not genuine as in not significant, important, or tragic - I just mean that it wasn't a "traditional" school shooting in that the shooter was not a student at the school, and the shooting was actually the product of a domestic dispute, not a school-related issue.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.