Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1/1 anyone else get stuck taking 87

I took my usual route south on 7 to the Taconic but my house guests took 4 to 87 and got stuck for hours this afternoon/evening. anyone else?

I don't know about 87. However, I spoke with some of my friends who were headed back to the boston area yesterday. Apparently 89 South was a complete disaster! Multiple car accidents/cars off the road. I can imagine that 87 would have been the same.
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

I can't believe that no one else got stuck on 87????

Left the Mt at 12 noon yesterday to Boston/Metrowest, took Bethel mt rd. got slammmed at the 89/93 merge. 3-3 1/2 ride took 5 1/2.

Anybody know a way around the 89/93 merge? I usually take Rt 3 down so I was thinking about going into Bow and taking 3a down to try get around the toll. What about Exit 2 on 89, is there a way go south from there? I recall that sombody in the past thought going north up to catch 93 was a good option when it backs up.

Great week, only problem was trying to get a dinner reservation as we were too tired to cook.

We saved a little time by staying left on 89 S by the 93 merge and getting on 89 N to Route 3 S (about 2 miles up I think). Then took Rt 3 S until it merged with 93 again just past S. Hooksett.
    I never did this before and only did it on the fly with a quick map check at the merge and it probably saved us about 45 mins based on feedback from friends who went the normal way.

If I had the chance to check it out beforehand, I probably would have tried getting off at exit 2 on 89 S and then Route 13 to Rt 3 or 3A.

Just spoke with a buddy who drove to PA. Said what usually takes him 7hr took 12hr! Also spoke with some others who live in the NYC and said they bagged the ride after 5hr of going nowhere They stayed in a hotel. Yikes!

Whoops - meant to say in my above post that we got on 93 N (not 89 N) to Route 3.

About 7 hours for the 200 mile trip to Boston metro area. Left at 10 AM and pulled into the driveway at 5 PM. Took 100 S and got on 89 at Exit 3. Lots of stops on 89 with spin outs / cars off the road.

There are times to decide you are snowed in, and have to stay and ski.

Sounds like this was one of them.

Skiing yesterday afternoon? / Driving yesterday afternoon? Hard to decide.

Skiing wasn't any good yesterday afternoon. You'd come around for the second or 3rd run and not be able to see your tracks from the 1st. If you can't see your tracks, how do you know you weren't somewhere else. And if you were somewhere else, how do you know you were enjoying yourself?

Skiing wasn't any good yesterday afternoon.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    There are times to decide you are snowed in, and have to stay and ski.

Sounds like this was one of them.

Skiing yesterday afternoon? / Driving yesterday afternoon? Hard to decide.

Skiing wasn't any good yesterday afternoon. You'd come around for the second or 3rd run and not be able to see your tracks from the 1st. If you can't see your tracks, how do you know you weren't somewhere else. And if you were somewhere else, how do you know you were enjoying yourself?

Skiing wasn't any good yesterday afternoon.

Sometimes you have to get first tracks on the Road....not off road!

Plenty of choices to make. Too bad for me work and school took predidence yesterday.

make that precedence! I must be tired from the ride...

To get around that mess, take exit 2 off 89. Take a right off the exit and then take your first right onto Iron Works Road. Follow this to the end and take a right. A couple of blocks down is the entrance to 93 slghtly above where 89 merges into it.

Quote Originally Posted by slaw
    Left the Mt at 12 noon yesterday to Boston/Metrowest, took Bethel mt rd. got slammmed at the 89/93 merge. 3-3 1/2 ride took 5 1/2.

Anybody know a way around the 89/93 merge? I usually take Rt 3 down so I was thinking about going into Bow and taking 3a down to try get around the toll. What about Exit 2 on 89, is there a way go south from there? I recall that sombody in the past thought going north up to catch 93 was a good option when it backs up.

Great week, only problem was trying to get a dinner reservation as we were too tired to cook.

Will try it. Thank you Nick.