Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

the difference is nominal

I moved up here full time to my ski house from Wellesley Ma went from "out of towner" to "someone from out of town that lives here all the time now" and the difference is:

income tax is punitive to ambitious local vermonters. highest in the country per capita. (source census.gov)

out of towners do not pay not that much more. i have the tax bills to compare.

net net. the property tax system AND the income taxes system are BOTH painfully broken and the locals AND the out of towners need to get together and push to get this all fixed. Also the tax systems are confusing by design.

Together we can get this fixed. together we can keep the cash in the valley. together...

divided, we cannot.
    been valley enthusiast since 1620

Re: the difference is nominal

Quote Originally Posted by outofshape
    net net. the property tax system AND the income taxes system are BOTH painfully broken and the locals AND the out of towners need to get together and push to get this all fixed. Also the tax systems are confusing by design.
    I think everyone agrees with this in one degree or another, regarding the property tax system anyway. Remember, Act 60 was the result of a court ruling which gave the state very little time to produce a law that would satisfy the court ruling. Last year the Vermont legislature promised to work on improving Act 60/68. Instead they spent half the session on a resolution to impeach Bush. Ended up getting nothing helpful done. It's a new year and to be honest I'm not holding my breath.

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.