Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Patriots-Giants TV Blackout?

Does anyone know which bars have satellite TV? Waitsfield cable does not offer NFL network and I cant get satellite.

Re: Patriots-Giants TV Blackout?

Quote Originally Posted by aejkb
    Does anyone know which bars have satellite TV? Waitsfield cable does not offer NFL network and I cant get satellite.
    Can you get it on local broadcast TV? WCAX and WFFF are the CBS and Fox affiliates...

Patriots v. Giants

The game I am referring to is 8pm Sat. nite game on 12/29/07.The game is only carried on the NFL Network and is not going to be available on local cable; presently you can NOT order it from WaitsfieldCable. It is potentially the 16th and final regular season win for the NEW ENGLAND patriots(includes Vt.), or, as my NY guests hope, an opportunity to bust up a record run. So I am trying to find a bar that carries it on satellite, so that I can watch it with my NY brother in law, but unfortunately, not the kids. Too bad, it would have been a great family party.

I find it really, really hard to believe that a NE Pats Game is not going to be on TV in Vermont...

Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger
    I find it really, really hard to believe that a NE Pats Game is not going to be on TV in Vermont...
    It must be carried over the air in the local market. Is the MRV not considered such for the Pats??? That would be crazy.

Then again, that'll be the perfect excuse to get out of the house with the boys.

The Pats game was on CBS, many watched it at Gatehouse on Waitsfield cable, the Giants game will be on NBC on reg cable also, according the the local TV schedule.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Pats/Giants 12/29

As of now, it will not be available on Waitsfield cable.
    It is an NFL network exclusive with the only exception being the local flagship station (WCVB in Boston). So if you get WCVB, you'll have it.

NFL network is not available on Waitsfield cable (AFAIK). It is available on Direct TV (hence the search for an establishment with sattelite).

One option, if you are a Bostonian (or a New Yorker) and have broadband here, is to purchase a Slingbox. You could "sling" your local affiliate broadcast and watch it here.

This is basically a "screw you" argument between the NFL and big cable. Google will provide many references to the debacle. And of course, it is the fans that lose out.

So can anyone answer my original question--which bars/establishments have Satellite, rather than cable. It would be great if one of Sugarbush's establishments could get a dish up--I can guarantee that our collective bar tab will more than cover the cost. Hey! Win, you must be a Giants fan--how would you like to set a single night record at the Mt. Ellen lodge?

So, what you guys are saying is that even tho we have gotten all the Giants and Pats games all season long we will not be getting the last game on the regular season schedule? That would not be cool. I have been a diehard Giants fans since the days of Y.A. Title, my grandfather worked at Yankee Stadium for 35 years. On the other hand I also a realist, maybe it's good we won't be able to see it.....
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    So, what you guys are saying is that even tho we have gotten all the Giants and Pats games all season long we will not be getting the last game on the regular season schedule? That would not be cool. I have been a diehard Giants fans since the days of Y.A. Title, my grandfather worked at Yankee Stadium for 35 years. On the other hand I also a realist, maybe it's good we won't be able to see it.....
    That's what I don't get...they are taking off this one game from the broadcast networks???

Not one but eight

Eight real games...

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/games

No one cared about most of them. The Cowboys/Packers game gathered some press and complaints..

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but what the heck are you guys talking about?? The biggest storm since the last one is currently cranking and you're gabbing about some silly sport that requires tight pants and dark make-up.

Currently p-you-king outside and piling up fast. Get your head in the game boys!

John

Sorry John, just filling time between refreshing the NWS radar and bouncing from weather site to blog, looking for someone to whishcast 2 days of wraparound orographics.

This has nothing to do with Waitsfield Telecom, and everything to do with the "NFL Network." The
    network" wants all of the cable providers to pay about $0.70 or so per user/per month to include the "network" in your basic cable package. That $0.70 per user is essentially for 8 games a season. As a reference, TBS costs your cable providers about $0.32 per user and provides sports, movies, etc . . . 24/7.

Do the math. The NFL network is being greedy.

Not a problem for me. I got Direct TV a long time ago because Waitsfield Telecom does not support HD.

I'm not aware of any establishment that has Direct TV or Dish Network. The issue for any commercial establishment is that they would have to purchase a commercial package, which I "assume" is pretty costly.