Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VT Radio stations that will have the game on.

WBTN Bennington 1370 AM
    WXZO Burlington 96.7 FM
    WEXP Rutland 101.5 FM
    WIKE Newport 1490 AM
    WKVT Brattleboro/Keene 92.7 FM
    WSNO Barre 1450 AM
    WSTJ St. Johnsbury 1340 AM
    WMXR Woodstock 93.9 FM

Even Pat Leahy, Bernie Sanders and Peter Welch have sent a letter about this. Jump on your elected Reps in New England and put the pressure on the NFL to let us all see the game!

directv has it. am i missing something?

go to directv.com, on the left hand side is an orange button "tv listings".

scroll to the date and time, hit go and poof 8:15 pm, it will be on.

am i missing something?
    been valley enthusiast since 1620

Re: directv has it. am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by outofshape
    go to directv.com, on the left hand side is an orange button "tv listings".

scroll to the date and time, hit go and poof 8:15 pm, it will be on.

am i missing something?
    Yes, directv is satellite...thus the original question in this thread. And this is, as stated repeatedly above, an "NFL Network" (read: Pay-per-view) game...unless the pressures being put on the NFL as stated above end up bearing fruit.

GO PATS!!!!!!
    Altitude is Everything

out of shape, the nfl network is not on local cable which is the problem here. in fact the nfl network is not on local cable in much of the country because of the lofty per subscriber fee they want to charge. the local cable carriers are refusing to pick up the channel because they don't want to pass the cost on to consumers, particularly when the offerings of the channel are so limited.

at the moment cablevision refuses to carry the channel and i think time warner and comcast are holding out too. i think.

sorry about that.

i didn't know cable was that myopic.

Re: sorry about that.

i didn't know cable was that myopic.
    It's an NFL greed thing.
    Altitude is Everything

Don't give the NFL that much credit.

They are a simple little peoples, myopic and drunk with hubris.

How stupid are they?

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    out of shape, the nfl network is not on local cable which is the problem here. in fact the nfl network is not on local cable in much of the country because of the lofty per subscriber fee they want to charge. the local cable carriers are refusing to pick up the channel because they don't want to pass the cost on to consumers, particularly when the offerings of the channel are so limited.

at the moment cablevision refuses to carry the channel and i think time warner and comcast are holding out too. i think.
    Both sides in this dispute share the blame. As usual, we suffer.

Re: Don't give the NFL that much credit.

How stupid are they?
    Not as stupid as this...

I actually heard the dialogue below at the Mt. Ellen base lodge here at Sugarbush last winter. I memorized it and later wrote it down because I was so horrified at the total lack of command of the Engrish Ranguage displayed therein...

Dude: "Like, I like that red like stuff, that jelly they like, put in like those jelly donuts".

Dudette: "Like NO WAY...ewww...like, you like, LIKE that stuff? Like yuck".

I s*** you not. She managed to use the word "like" three times in the space of four words...and they both used it FIVE times in each statement. They were local High School SKI team kids...that's right - like ski racers.

Then there is the time honored insult of being "double duded".

It goes like this...

Dude One: "Dude, check out that rockin' Betty over there"...(or alternatively)..."Dude, I spilled Red Bull down your snowboard boots".

Dude Two: "DUDE, dude"!!

I have never been "triple duded" - but after reading up in Wikipedia about Buffalo buffalo buffalo (etc.)...I'm sure it will happen soon! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo...uffalo_buffalo

Altitude is Everything

Re: Don't give the NFL that much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarboarder
    How stupid are they?
    Not as stupid as this...

I actually heard the dialogue below at the Mt. Ellen base lodge here at Sugarbush last winter. I memorized it and later wrote it down because I was so horrified at the total lack of command of the Engrish Ranguage displayed therein...

Dude: "Like, I like that red like stuff, that jelly they like, put in like those jelly donuts".

Dudette: "Like NO WAY...ewww...like, you like, LIKE that stuff? Like yuck".

I s*** you not. She managed to use the word "like" three times in the space of four words...and they both used it FIVE times in each statement. They were local High School SKI team kids...that's right - like ski racers.

Then there is the time honored insult of being "double duded".

It goes like this...

Dude One: "Dude, check out that rockin' Betty over there"...(or alternatively)..."Dude, I spilled Red Bull down your snowboard boots".

Dude Two: "DUDE, dude"!!

I have never been "triple duded" - but after reading up in Wikipedia about Buffalo buffalo buffalo (etc.)...I'm sure it will happen soon! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo...uffalo_buffalo

LMFAO

Like come on Dude!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Like come on Dude!
    Don't you mean, "Dude! Like come on Dude!"
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Even Pat Leahy, Bernie Sanders and Peter Welch have sent a letter about this. Jump on your elected Reps in New England and put the pressure on the NFL to let us all see the game!
    If the politicians in Texas and Wisconsin (also regional teams) couldnt get it done then I doubt the Vermont delegation can. This is the equation. 1. Its a big game 2. It involves teams from NE and NY. 3. The MRV/Sugarbush/Claybrook is going to be filled with vacationing people from those areas on the night of the game(12-29-07)-many who wont find out until game time that they cant watch the game on cable. 4. The game is available on Satellite TV. 5. The MRV appears to have no public establishments with satellite TV. Here is the answer(from the Mountaintops): Summit Ventures buys a Satellite hookup for Timbers/Castlerock and announces to its smart and demanding customers: we have the game on Saturday nite, come and have a great time, buy food and drink, and remember that there was only one smart CEO in the NE Ski Resort business who was prescient enough to get the game available to you, the smart, well heeled customer. I have a dream!

Bryant Gumble on the play-by-play

I can absolutely promise you that missing these NFL Networks broadcasts is not all a bad thing. Even if you turn the sound off, you know he's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by aejkb
    Quote Originally Posted by win
    If the politicians in Texas and Wisconsin (also regional teams) couldnt get it done then I doubt the Vermont delegation can. This is the equation. 1. Its a big game 2. It involves teams from NE and NY. 3. The MRV/Sugarbush/Claybrook is going to be filled with vacationing people from those areas on the night of the game(12-29-07)-many who wont find out until game time that they cant watch the game on cable. 4. The game is available on Satellite TV. 5. The MRV appears to have no public establishments with satellite TV. Here is the answer(from the Mountaintops): Summit Ventures buys a Satellite hookup for Timbers/Castlerock and announces to its smart and demanding customers: we have the game on Saturday nite, come and have a great time, buy food and drink, and remember that there was only one smart CEO in the NE Ski Resort business who was prescient enough to get the game available to you, the smart, well heeled customer. I have a dream!
    Well, sorry to say you may be dreaming indeed. I'm sure Timbers and Castlerock would be packed with happy football fans, and the bar tabs would be plentiful. However, the cost of the commercial contract for the satellite package (which would most likely be a 2 year commitment) would eat up those tabs pretty quickly. Being Christmas Week, with most of the valley's lodging booked solid, I'd bet that both the Castlerock Pub and Timbers will be pretty slammed with or without the game. If Win did get the satellite package up and running for the game, I'd bet both establishments would be so overcrowded once the word got out, that the customer experience would suffer, and most of the customers wouldn't even be able to see the screens. If by any miracle of Christmas this did happen, I'd suggest projecting the game on a large screen in the Gate House