December 24th tradition

I see a $14 Valentine's Day and $17 St. Paddies listed on the event calendar, but no Christmas Eve Day.
    I hope the tradition continues...

It just hit me! greatest dumpings last year...

Day before Christmas Eve Day
    St Valentine's
    St Paddy's

No Dec 24th day this year, in order to save it up for next year's 50th Anniversary.

BTW, the minor holiday storm thing last year was Halloween, Valentine's, St.Patty's Day and Easter.

John

We also got 6-10" of snow for New Years Day skiing. I remember because the wife and I were driving back late from First Night Burlington and it was freezing rain/snow most of the whole way but got some good snow up on the mountain. The way things had been going in the early season last year I consider that a major storm.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

And New Years weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    \
    BTW, the minor holiday storm thing last year was Halloween, Valentine's, St.Patty's Day and Easter.

John

Guess I got the year wrong. Was it 2 years ago? I remember having to park on the access road and walk as all the lots were full at LP.
    It was an awesome day of skiiing for only $5.50!

I was wondering the same thing about the turn back the clock day.. bummers, but oh well!

dave

It hasn't been the 24th - its usually a weekday as close to the 25th (or before) as they can get. Last year (06/07), the event wasn't advertised much since there wasn't that much terrain open. Well, nothing like there is right now. SBX wasn't open and you had to take a bus. Crowds were light. The year before (05/06), it was a bloody mob scene. It was on 12/23 that year, since it was my b-day and I treated myself to the ultimate birthday gift. I started out early at South and it was very crowded, then went to North where the line for the North Ridge stretched practically to the SBX. So I headed down to the base, where the GMX line wrapped around the entire back of the base lodge. The Summit Quad line basically started as soon as you got off the GMX. That year, it was 100% open that early on, and then the season went downhill after that.

Also, last year on the bus ride from South to North, I won $1 IIRC from the bus driver as we all played "Sugarbush Trivia". I must'a been the only one who rides the Bush regularly and knew every answer to the question, including the "why is today's ticket cost only $5.50". SWEET!

HELP ME GET RID OF MY BRAND NEW SKIS!!!!!
    Nordica "Hot Rods" 178 = PM me for details
    www.shadyjay.com

Which hot rods?

We are not doing the $5.50 day this year. It was originally done for the 45th and then continued. The timing is not great and it is tough on the mountain and the staff to have a promotion that close to Christmas week. Next year is our 50th, and we will be playing a year of fun stuff for then.