Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Favorite Steep Run at Sugarbush

So what steep run is the best? Upper FIS is famed as the steepest. Exterminator is narrower. Liftline and Rumble are hairy. And Ripcord is just awesome. My favs are FIS, Exterminator, and Ripcord. If I had to pick one, I guess Exterminator would be it. Upper FIS is just intense, but it is a bit short and can be icy on the very top.

Discuss.

Rumble has it all. . . . steep, turns, roots and rocks no matter how much snow in there, but it does hold the snow with all that shade. . .the way real trails were cut way back twisty, can't see around the bend,and this continues thru most of the Castle Rock chair, so consistently working most all the way down. . . . . and then there is Rumble Woods. . . . . . . . .

Lot to be said of Upper Exterm too though. Paradise far left top/middle, and of course woods.

You forgot about Black Diamond. It's way better than most of the other trails on your list... I still don't put it at number 1 though - I'd put Rumble as #1 and then Liftline.

Favorite?

With what snow conditions?

That makes a world of difference.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

BLACK DIAMOND RUSH!!!! I knew I forgot one!!! What a great trail....

And snow conditions: I will say ideal, which is either spring conditions or powder...take your pick...

Tried to ad BD. Can't edit the poll.....sorry....unless Lostone or someone else wants to add it in as a mod.

I can only add Black Diamond if I remove something else.

There is a limit to your number of options, and you are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I can only add Black Diamond if I remove something else.

There is a limit to your number of options, and you are at it.
    I wanted to substitute BD for Spillsville...

Voted for Paradise. Love the variety with the trail and woods. Rumble is also great that way, I guess, but I've had more experience with the woods off Paradise than those of Rumble. I don't like Ripcord. I typically ski it once at most in a given trip. I don't think I've ever skied Black Diamond.
    -Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1
    Voted for Paradise. Love the variety with the trail and woods. Rumble is also great that way, I guess, but I've had more experience with the woods off Paradise than those of Rumble. I don't like Ripcord. I typically ski it once at most in a given trip. I don't think I've ever skied Black Diamond.
    You should definitely give Black Diamond a shot. It's one of my favorite trails at North. Along with Hammerhead and Tumbler...

I also chose Paradise basically cause it's my fav trail and it's on the list. However, I really don't consider it a steep trail like FIS, Stein, Liftline or Black Diamond although it's place on the Bush's Elite Eight group is well deserved.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

I think its only logical that the best steep trail would have to be the steepest. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that would be Upper FIS.

FIS starts lower than Black diamond, and ends higher. And the snow is usually better, too.

Can you make up trails? I.E. Upper FIS to Black Diamond?
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

How could you have possibly neglected Waterfall on your list ?