Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how much?

Woods?

Did anyone get into the upper mountain woods? Any reports from the long trail?

Re: Trees

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter
    I just got a report from Treeskier who skied the trees (of course.)
    I'm not sure that Treeskier is a good indicator of the conditions in the woods. I've seen him ski in the woods on one inch of crust dodging rocks and fallen trees. You ask him how it was and you get..."that was not bad" However I will say this, I did ski in similar places he did yesterday and it was possible to make some good turns in some locations. We are far off from "the woods are open"
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Re: Woods?

Photoggraphic evidence on TGR indicates some cleaner lines are there for the taking. Tread lightly me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Photoggraphic evidence on TGR indicates some cleaner lines are there for the taking. Tread lightly me thinks.
    Think I saw that. The ME trip report thread?
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Lostone-

Any tree skiing reports???
    Just the known, named, on piste woods please: egans, eden, paradise woods, lew's etc......
    Please enlighten those of us who aren't there, some of us love the punishment

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier
    Nah - that was Inverness.

There is another SB thread up there.

Forget those maggots, minions and munchkins over at TGR

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Lostone-

Just the known, named, on piste woods please: egans, eden, paradise woods, lew's etc......
    I've seen tracks going in, in places. I've seen people coming out of Egans, onto Lower Birdland. I saw two nasty crashes on Lower Birdland, where people got caught by something. My theory is it was a bush that was buried at both ends, and not in the middle.

I'm conservative as to when I go into the woods, and don't think they are open for me, yet.

I hear people cheering, "More for me!" and I leave it to them.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I'm with you lostone!

I'm finding it tough to believe that it is only the first week of December. As always , be careful. ; }

[quote="Lostone"]
    Lostone-

I saw two nasty crashes on Lower Birdland, where people got caught by something.
    I got caught on the lip of the biking track this afternoon...no fun, but no damage. Phew.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier
    Nah - that was Inverness.

There is another SB thread up there.
    Yep saw it.....nice pix
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Quote Originally Posted by 007
    Lostone-

Eden is wicked clean. Lew's, not so much.

"It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Lostone-

I've seen tracks going in, in places. I've seen people coming out of Egans, onto Lower Birdland. I saw two nasty crashes on Lower Birdland, where people got caught by something. My theory is it was a bush that was buried at both ends, and not in the middle.

I'm conservative as to when I go into the woods, and don't think they are open for me, yet.

I hear people cheering, "More for me!" and I leave it to them.
    I'm with ya there. I need a couple more feet - no need to get snagged in some brush and twist something (or worse).

Paradise woods (snowboarder's left) and Lower Paradise/Ripcord woods were nice - if taken with care. That's where I went after the chowder kicked in. I'm usually REALLY leery of early season woods due to an injury in same years ago, but after I ducked in just test a few turns, I found it to be plenty good. I didn't go full on of course, but poder turns are powder turns and I got plenty! Me like.
    Altitude is Everything