Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heads up MRG...

Heads up MRG...

Heads up MRG...Burton is offering "$5000 for the best videography of a person or crew poaching the last four resorts in North America that don't allow snowboarding".

No joke.

Man, I could use some cash.

Altitude is Everything

Re: Heads up MRG...

Quote Originally Posted by sugarboarder
    Heads up MRG...Burton is offering "$5000 for the best videography of a person or crew poaching the last four resorts in North America that don't allow snowboarding".

No joke.

Too Easy.
    Burton Omen Split Backcountry Snowboard........
    If you hadn't thought of it yet you owe me a martini after you collect the 5k!

I may just have to take up snowboarding! LOL
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Re: Heads up MRG...

Quote Originally Posted by 007

No joke.

Too Easy.
    Burton Omen Split Backcountry Snowboard........
    If you hadn't thought of it yet you owe me a martini after you collect the 5k!
    If you come down on two sticks that ain't snowboarding and kind of a woosy way of doing it. Same if you go up with two sticks and come down on them together. It's going up with a real snowboard that separates the men from the boys. It's getting on the lift with a snowboard, that's the challenge. I'm sure Burton has already thought of that, martini offer nonwithstanding. Instead of 5k you'll just end up with alot of dirty looks
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

If anyone thinks I'm going to post the method, time, place etc. here, well...no.

Deadline for entries is 3-8-2008 so the $$$ are a ways off. It's not just "A" video either, it's for the "best" video, so I likely won't be the only one out there. And it's $5K for EACH of the four resorts...so $20K is actually on the table.

SWEEEET!!
    Altitude is Everything

If anyone thinks I'm going to post the method, time, place etc. here, well...no.

Deadline for entries is 3-8-2008 so the $$$ are a ways off. It's not just "A" video either, it's for the "best" video, so I likely won't be the only one out there. And it's $5K for EACH of the four resorts...so $20K is actually on the table.

SWEEEET!!
    Go for it! Giddy Up! Good luck

Well I think taking the lift up is out. There's no way they'll let you on it, but you can totally poach a run by going along the Long Trail for a bit. It's a short hike from the road and you end up at one of the lifts. (Can't remember which one, its been a while). That's your in. Just don't look at me if you get clubbed like a baby seal at the base by some overfed long haired leaping gnome in a onesy. Good luck.

Spill the wine...poach that hill!
    Altitude is Everything

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    Well I think taking the lift up is out. There's no way they'll let you on it, but you can totally poach a run by going along the Long Trail for a bit. It's a short hike from the road and you end up at one of the lifts. (Can't remember which one, its been a while). That's your in. Just don't look at me if you get clubbed like a baby seal at the base by some overfed long haired leaping gnome in a onesy. Good luck.
    Yeah...was gonna say, tell the whole world!

Seriously...I'm sure it has been done before.

Hey! I could show up at MRG at the predetermined time with skis in my hand. I think that would divert ALL attention from anyone with a snowboard.....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Spill the wine...poach that hill!

Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger
    Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    Yeah...was gonna say, tell the whole world!

Seriously...I'm sure it has been done before.
    It has .....when it wasn't open.

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Hey! I could show up at MRG at the predetermined time with skis in my hand. I think that would divert ALL attention from anyone with a snowboard.....
    Let's talk...how about 10 percent?
    Altitude is Everything

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier
    I know, good stuff huh? It's all in good fun.
    Altitude is Everything