what time do the lifts open

Saturday morning I check the website to see what time the lifts open - it says weekends 8:00 AM. I call up to verify and it is confirmed to me by a Sugarbush employee that they are opening up at 8:00 AM. I get the green light to leave the wife with our 2 kids for 2 hours of skiing (8-10). I pull in the parking lot and I get a spot in the front row - wow! I go inside boot up, only to over hear someone complaining about the fact the lifts were not opening til 9:00. There were a lot of other people that were compalining about this. Its winter isn't it? So why aren't the lifts opening at 8:00 AM? Just my humble opinion.

Normal weekend/holiday hours are for one lift at each mountain to open at 8:00. The word I got was that they decided to go with the 9:00 opening, this weekend due to the limited terrain.

The time on the web site is standard, but the snow report had the correct time, and I'm told the snowphone did, also.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Yup, the snow report is supposed to be current and if your in the valley you can call 583-7669(SNOW)

from today's snow report
    http://www.sugarbush.com/snowandtrails/snowreport.asp
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Yep, 9am due to limited terrain. I spoke with someone on Sunday AM who was complaining as well...I said I had heard in hear and online that the lifts opened at 9am. The liftie confirmed.

Windhold options

Would anyone be interested in riding up in a snow cat on wind hold days?
    How about a snowmobile ride?

As long as patrol is up top, maybe the area could offer some options/alternatives to hiking up when it's windy.

Although it only happens a few times a season, it's typically right after a storm moving through in the early morning and dumping the best snow of the season............

What do you suppose that's worth? $$$$
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

BTW, the lifts are open at 8:00 this weekend

Re: Windhold options

Quote Originally Posted by 007
    Would anyone be interested in riding up in a snow cat on wind hold days?......
    ahhh Mr. Bond... something like this?
    http://www.coppercolorado.com/mountain/cat_skiing.htm

And it's Free!

As long as patrol is up top, maybe the area could offer some options/alternatives to hiking up when it's windy.

Although it only happens a few times a season, it's typically right after a storm moving through in the early morning and dumping the best snow of the season............
    From the website:
    Reservations
    Required by 4:30 PM on the day of the ride. Book your ride at the Lincoln Peak Adventure Learning Center at 1-888-651-4827 or at the Guest Service desk at 802-583-6590. Limited to 2 riders per hour so sign up early to reserve your spot!!

Dates/Times: Friday/Saturday/Holidays: 5 p.m.; one hour rides; two seats available
    Rates: $50/hr per seat

Nice idea Orange but the limited capacity may start a riot at the base.
    I remember getting dragged up Mt Ellen a few years back in a trailer behind a cat because GMX was down.
    Fun? Ya, it was, and it certainly did the trick. However, it was similar(I can only imagine) to being on the SS Minow pointed into a stiff breeze.
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

I think it is safe to say that any ride up durring a big dump with the lifts closed would be off-the-fun-meter!!!!! Personally I would even dig a large tow rope behind the cat. Back in the day, we used to put a water ski tow rope behind a jeep and tow people up and down the road during big snow days. When the snow banks were big enough we would surf them like waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba

From the website:
    Reservations
    Required by 4:30 PM on the day of the ride. Book your ride at the Lincoln Peak Adventure Learning Center at 1-888-651-4827 or at the Guest Service desk at 802-583-6590. Limited to 2 riders per hour so sign up early to reserve your spot!!

Dates/Times: Friday/Saturday/Holidays: 5 p.m.; one hour rides; two seats available
    Rates: $50/hr per seat

Nice idea Orange but the limited capacity may start a riot at the base.
    I remember getting dragged up Mt Ellen a few years back in a trailer behind a cat because GMX was down.
    Fun? Ya, it was, and it certainly did the trick. However, it was similar(I can only imagine) to being on the SS Minow pointed into a stiff breeze.
    Ahh, thankuverymuch sir.....
    If the crowd starts rioting, then maybe they can chauffeur us up one at a time on the snowmobiles? or maybe Mt Ops can offer more snow cats than one?
    Hmmm, something to consider for the near future