Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger
    6 DAYS UNTIL ELLEN LOVING BEGINS!!!!!!
    I'll be there for first chair!

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    I'll be there for first chair!
    Hit it for me.

I've got not one, but two job interviews that day.

Ellen is breaking up with her boyfriend? Sweeeeeet!

What? Different Ellen? Oh. Sorry...carry on.

Altitude is Everything

3 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!

But I will confess I have really enjoyed LP and its terrain and new Lodge. Crowds have not been too bad....

LP when Downspout is the only route open: BAD
    LP when its 100% (or close to 100%) open: EXCELLENT

So far, the LP late/early strategy seems to be a good choice. Can the luck hold out?

Was there Fri & Sat and on Sat I said my goodbye to Shawn the bartendar at C'Rock Pub - and I'll be over at Mt Ellen starting Sat. SWEET!
    May even try the Green Mountain Lounge as my new Apres Board spot - never been there. Last year, it was ride and then go. Only at LP do I seem to have the desire to partake in a bev or two post-riding. See how things go at Ellen.

And don't worry, LP - I've got 5 passes to use (apparently I have to use them and can't give them to my friends even if I'm at the window as well). And there's always V-Day and 1/2 off days. And of course, post-4/1.

Time once again though to enjoy the likes of Rim Run, Elbow, Lookin Good, Inverness Pod, and more. And maybe tackle some diamonds there for a first.

My favorite is Tumbler in fresh powder and Exterminator and Black Diamond are not far behind when the snow is soft and deep. But cruising elbow is always special and I have a fondness for Looking Good too on the right day. And then there is Cliffs and Hammerhead and the woods and ......................

BushMogulMaster, if you want the first chair, I will see you before 9am this Friday, December 21st, and I would expect that we will be 100% open.

It should be a great day. The only fly in the ointment is that Dopplemayr has to reprogram some software in Northridge and Slidbrook. They are stretched thin and probably can't get this done before early next week, so we will not be able to run Northridge or Slidebrook lifts this week. I am really disappointed about this! Unfortunately, we have to depend on them for this. That will cut down on the vertical that we can do, but it will still be a great few days of skiing and riding there.

Too bad about the NRX & SB chairs, if that's how it shakes out.

At least the only real impact will be felt in the lines and possibly the mountain skiing a bit 'narrower' than normal. But then again with potential to be 100% open on Opening Day is, well, pretty terrific.

Trying to gwt up there for the grand opening with my son. May need some help negotiating with my wife for him to play hookey again (we 'super-sized' this past weekend, staying to Monday).
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

Quote Originally Posted by win
    My favorite is Tumbler in fresh powder and Exterminator and Black Diamond are not far behind when the snow is soft and deep. But cruising elbow is always special and I have a fondness for Looking Good too on the right day. And then there is Cliffs and Hammerhead and the woods and ......................

BushMogulMaster, if you want the first chair, I will see you before 9am this Friday, December 21st, and I would expect that we will be 100% open.

It should be a great day. The only fly in the ointment is that Dopplemayr has to reprogram some software in Northridge and Slidbrook. They are stretched thin and probably can't get this done before early next week, so we will not be able to run Northridge or Slidebrook lifts this week. I am really disappointed about this! Unfortunately, we have to depend on them for this. That will cut down on the vertical that we can do, but it will still be a great few days of skiing and riding there.
    Good trail choices!

Sounds good... Dad and I will meet you for first chair on Friday!

Interesting that Doppelmayr is working on NRX... I know they relocated it, but isn't it a first-generation Poma Omega detachable?

Good trail choices!

Interesting that Doppelmayr is working on NRX... I know they relocated it, but isn't it a first-generation Poma Omega detachable?
    It's a Poma/Doppelmayr hs quad installed in 1995. It was originally the Green Mountain Express that was built in 1990 by Poma. In 1995 it was moved, modified, and renamed the North Ridge Express after Poma became Poma/Doppelmayr.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Nice job of being prepared .First was castlerock delay due to inspection issues,now sbx/northridge.Who is in charge of these important tasks

Quote Originally Posted by Win
    The only fly in the ointment is that Dopplemayr has to reprogram some software in Northridge and Slidbrook. They are stretched thin and probably can't get this done before early next week
    If you have ever worked with a vendor or contractor, you'd know that despite whatever deadlines you might like to set, you are at their mercy.

It isn't like they can go to the other lift company.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure
    Nice job of being prepared .First was castlerock delay due to inspection issues,now sbx/northridge.Who is in charge of these important tasks
    Yup, that's the solution. Let's point the finger at somebody and throw them under the bus. There is little you can do when your OEM vendor or the State decides to stand you up. I can personally understand this situation because I am faced with it all the time being a construction manager.

As for me, I will be somewhere off Lincoln Peak exploring.....
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer

Good trail choices!

It's a Poma/Doppelmayr hs quad installed in 1995. It was originally the Green Mountain Express that was built in 1990 by Poma. In 1995 it was moved, modified, and renamed the North Ridge Express after Poma became Poma/Doppelmayr.
    Hmm, I don't believe Poma and Doppelmayr ever came together under one umbrella. We've had Poma, and then Leitner Poma. There was Doppelmayr, and then Doppelmayr Garaventa, and then Doppelmayr CTEC, and now Doppelmayr Garaventa again. But not Poma/Doppelmayr to my knowledge. They've always been fierce competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure
    Do you have even the slightest clue what it takes to prepare a lift for the season? There are a VERY limited number of state inspectors, and this time of the year, they are running around from resort to resort without time to take a piss. As Hawk pointed out, SB has zero control over the OEM, who is strung extremely thin in this part of the world right now, especially since most of Doppelmayr's guys are working on the new bi-cable 25 person gondola at Revelstoke.

I think a little more respect is due, please. They are doing everything in their power to have things up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Hmm, I don't believe Poma and Doppelmayr ever came together under one umbrella. We've had Poma, and then Leitner Poma. There was Doppelmayr, and then Doppelmayr Garaventa, and then Doppelmayr CTEC, and now Doppelmayr Garaventa again. But not Poma/Doppelmayr to my knowledge. They've always been fierce competitors.
    Sorry BMM, I mistyped going by memory, it was 3AM and I had been editing slides for three hours. The installation of the NRX in 1995 was done by Doppelmayr according the chairlifts.org.
    "NORTH RIDGE EXPRESS (POMA) - This lift was the original Green Mountain Express Quad erected in 1991 and
    relocated to its present location in 1995 by Doppelmayr, then refurbished by Poma again in 2002"
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.