Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    That said, Elusive Moose was rumored to be open already and Mad River Barn was packed Sat night with both seatings sold out. Congrats to both.
    Rumor is correct, Ducky. The Elusive Moose is quietly opening (while they work out the systems) they were open this weekend. Monday closed and reopening Tuesday 1/28 for dinner. On Weds. 1/29 they will add Apres Ski "Grazing" menu. Thursday 1/30 they will start with breakfast and lunch. Looking forward to this!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

How about Mad River Grill? Our family is coming in on Friday, Jan 31 for a week and looking for a night to enjoy a great dinner w/o being overpriced. Entre for $20-30 a person plus drinks of course!

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Another Egan's issue is a monthly water bill of $1100. That's about 200 burgers' worth after food and labor cost ($5+ profit) on its own.
    Just a clarification, the former Egan's (Gallaghers) is not currently on the public water system. The building is still using the old private system.

Doesn't matter where they are getting their water. They are signed up but not connected and the monthly rate is $1100+ without water. This may change if/when the Water Board decides to go with a usage fee. Currently, water is not billed on usage but on ERU (equivalent rental unit) for the average 3-br house. Egan's proposed usage was based on 15.75 3 BR houses. See article.

http://www.valleyreporter.com/index....ter-commitment

Quote Originally Posted by Soundrulz View Post
    How about Mad River Grill? Our family is coming in on Friday, Jan 31 for a week and looking for a night to enjoy a great dinner w/o being overpriced. Entre for $20-30 a person plus drinks of course!
    Maybe consider giving the Elusive Moose a try. The will be open from 3pm for Apres Ski and then dinner until 9. If you go, give us a review!

Quote Originally Posted by noski View Post
    Maybe consider giving the Elusive Moose a try. The will be open from 3pm for Apres Ski and then dinner until 9. If you go, give us a review!
    Our family did indeed go to Mad River Grill. We made reservations, but didn't need them. The place was quiet. Overall, we really enjoyed our total experience! We started out with mussels, very nice and lots to eat. I had the NY Striploin, wife had the lamp chops, girls had chicken alfredo and salmon. All of us thought the meals were great! Service was awesome and fast. I highly recommend this place.

Brian

What happened to the Mad River Grill? It was never real busy, but outside of the weekend of the GMSR, where service was terrible, I always had a good meal.

I noticed that a new Terra Rosa sign is in it's place.

I always love eating in Mad River Grill before, but never been in the place for 6 months now. I'm missing their food so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    What happened to the Mad River Grill? It was never real busy, but outside of the weekend of the GMSR, where service was terrible, I always had a good meal.

I noticed that a new Terra Rosa sign is in it's place.
    Terra Rossa is indeed back, where good food and good service are consistent. Mad River Grill, let's say, didn't work out.

afaik, the hostel is no longer serving a full menu. i believe it will be limited to soup and grilled cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    afaik, the hostel is no longer serving a full menu. i believe it will be limited to soup and grilled cheese.
    Wasn't it quite a profitable venture for them to serve food?

Great Review of Peasant in Boston GlobE

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Common Man is up for sale. Go figure, a few more NYers who couldn't hack it in the MRV.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    Common Man is up for sale. Go figure, a few more NYers who couldn't hack it in the MRV.
    First time I've ever heard of a restaurant closing because they were too busy.

Here's the VR article:
    http://valleyreporter.com/stories/ne...ummer-and-fall