Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    That said, Elusive Moose was rumored to be open already and Mad River Barn was packed Sat night with both seatings sold out. Congrats to both.
    Rumor is correct, Ducky. The Elusive Moose is quietly opening (while they work out the systems) they were open this weekend. Monday closed and reopening Tuesday 1/28 for dinner. On Weds. 1/29 they will add Apres Ski "Grazing" menu. Thursday 1/30 they will start with breakfast and lunch. Looking forward to this!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

  2. #62
    How about Mad River Grill? Our family is coming in on Friday, Jan 31 for a week and looking for a night to enjoy a great dinner w/o being overpriced. Entre for $20-30 a person plus drinks of course!

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Groton, MA and Warren, VT
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Another Egan's issue is a monthly water bill of $1100. That's about 200 burgers' worth after food and labor cost ($5+ profit) on its own.
    Just a clarification, the former Egan's (Gallaghers) is not currently on the public water system. The building is still using the old private system.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Waitsfield, VT
    Posts
    124
    Doesn't matter where they are getting their water. They are signed up but not connected and the monthly rate is $1100+ without water. This may change if/when the Water Board decides to go with a usage fee. Currently, water is not billed on usage but on ERU (equivalent rental unit) for the average 3-br house. Egan's proposed usage was based on 15.75 3 BR houses. See article.

    http://www.valleyreporter.com/index....ter-commitment

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundrulz View Post
    How about Mad River Grill? Our family is coming in on Friday, Jan 31 for a week and looking for a night to enjoy a great dinner w/o being overpriced. Entre for $20-30 a person plus drinks of course!
    Maybe consider giving the Elusive Moose a try. The will be open from 3pm for Apres Ski and then dinner until 9. If you go, give us a review!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by noski View Post
    Maybe consider giving the Elusive Moose a try. The will be open from 3pm for Apres Ski and then dinner until 9. If you go, give us a review!
    Our family did indeed go to Mad River Grill. We made reservations, but didn't need them. The place was quiet. Overall, we really enjoyed our total experience! We started out with mussels, very nice and lots to eat. I had the NY Striploin, wife had the lamp chops, girls had chicken alfredo and salmon. All of us thought the meals were great! Service was awesome and fast. I highly recommend this place.

    Brian

  7. #67
    What happened to the Mad River Grill? It was never real busy, but outside of the weekend of the GMSR, where service was terrible, I always had a good meal.

    I noticed that a new Terra Rosa sign is in it's place.

  8. #68
    I always love eating in Mad River Grill before, but never been in the place for 6 months now. I'm missing their food so much.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    What happened to the Mad River Grill? It was never real busy, but outside of the weekend of the GMSR, where service was terrible, I always had a good meal.

    I noticed that a new Terra Rosa sign is in it's place.
    Terra Rossa is indeed back, where good food and good service are consistent. Mad River Grill, let's say, didn't work out.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

  10. #70

  11. #71
    afaik, the hostel is no longer serving a full menu. i believe it will be limited to soup and grilled cheese.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    afaik, the hostel is no longer serving a full menu. i believe it will be limited to soup and grilled cheese.
    Wasn't it quite a profitable venture for them to serve food?

  13. #73
    gostan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Of Boston
    Posts
    503

    Great Review of Peasant in Boston GlobE

    Stan

    "There's No Cure For Life"

  14. #74
    ThinkSno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Waiting for you to catch up
    Posts
    105
    Common Man is up for sale. Go figure, a few more NYers who couldn't hack it in the MRV.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    Common Man is up for sale. Go figure, a few more NYers who couldn't hack it in the MRV.
    First time I've ever heard of a restaurant closing because they were too busy.

    Here's the VR article:
    http://valleyreporter.com/stories/ne...ummer-and-fall

    The opinions expressed herein are considered unofficial and do not reflect the views of Summit Ventures or Sugarbush Resort.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/shadyjay/collections

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Ski Gear | Snowboard Gear | Cycling Gear | Camping/Hiking Gear | Ski & Snowboard Racks | Gear Outlet | Men's Clothing | Women's Clothing | Kids' Clothing

Ski Vermont | Whiteface / Gore Message Boards