Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well, I went to the Terra Rossa last night (soft opening invitation). I understand Win was there the night before. I can't speak for him, but I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. The 3 of us had pasta (pizza next time). I had roasted tomato and seared shrimp alfredo on fettucine and key lime pie for dessert. Another had the wild rice and mushroom ravioli with lamb chops (yum). Prices are very reasonable, low-mid teen$ for most dishes. The three of us ate (entrees, 3 desserts, 4 draft beers, 1 glass wine) for under $100. They are not taking reservations, so come in, and if necessary-get on the list, grab a cold one and hang out in the lobby or bar area.

Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I'm not sure it is fair to review a restaurant before they open. (And you know I'm all about fairness )

I think you should be made to come back and review it again, on Saturday.

That said, good review and thanx for the input.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Well, I went to the Terra Rossa last night (soft opening invitation). I understand Win was there the night before. I can't speak for him, but I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. The 3 of us had pasta (pizza next time). I had roasted tomato and seared shrimp alfredo on fettucine and key lime pie for dessert. Another had the wild rice and mushroom ravioli with lamb chops (yum). Prices are very reasonable, low-mid teen$ for most dishes. The three of us ate (entrees, 3 desserts, 4 draft beers, 1 glass wine) for under $100. They are not taking reservations, so come in, and if necessary-get on the list, grab a cold one and hang out in the lobby or bar area.
    Are they open now? I'll be up on Sunday , the 17th. Did they replace those uncomfortable chairs on the upper level? I always loved the Bass and the view of falling snow out the back windows. but the menu of subsequent owners just didn't impress me. I did have a good breakfast at Country Flair one time but I don't eat breakfast out that often.

They are not only open, but when I drove past there Friday evening, they were packed. (That's a good thing.)

The bad news is you won't be able to see much snow falling past their windows, this weekend. Well... I don't think you will.

Went there (Terra Rossa) on Saturday. They were relatively crowded that night as well. Food was good (seafood pasta, salad, etc.) and the waitress was pleasant and helpful. I could have used a mute button for the loud teenage girl sitting behind us (sounding just like Janice from Friends), but that just added to the fun.

For my 2 cents, it was an excellent addition. Nice place, good food, friendly service, and reasonable prices.

Sweetwood

OK, I don't get out much, but I used to, especially before kids. Mostly it is because I hate paying for below average execution (no matter what the genre from subs to Chateaubriand). So even though I didn't get out, my wife did. She went out this weekend with some new friends to Sweetwood. According to her, (and she is tough) it was excellent, done with quality and attention to detail. She said that I need to go. Maybe she'll even take me!

Replacement for the Phoenix?

Lostone?
    Any news/photos regarding the filling of this vacancy?
    Anything else new in the village for this coming season?

I could tell you...

but I'd have to kill you.

Actually, there is work in progress, but a big portion of it will be decided after decisions made at our condo meeting, in October.

http://www.7dvt.com/2012bridge-tomorrow Update on the fate of the Green Cup Cafe, destroyed in T.S. Irene flooding last August.

anyone been to the new restaurant "Peasant"? review?

Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    anyone been to the new restaurant "Peasant"? review?
    Mr. noski & I went on Saturday around 7:15pm. It was JAMMIN'. We ate at the bar. House red wine is very good. $7/glass. Dinner for me was mushroom, Gorganzola cream sauce with Italian Sausage on pasta. Mr. noski had pork Osso Buco - a hearty meal. We had no starters or dessert. Nice warm bread and seasoned olive oil while we waited for our dinner. Even though it was standing room only, our wait for our meal was not extraordinarily long. All in all, a great dinner, high energy vibe, beautifully restored post-Irene interior.

Heard great things about the Terra Rosa this past weekend. Not sure what changed but looking forward to giving it another try, it's been a few years since my last visit.

Will also try the Peasant. Terrible name, but I'm hoping it will be a little easier on the wallet than the Green Cup (which was great, just a little pricey for me).

Lili and I have had two very nice meals there. They also have a nice wine list that is different from other Valley restaurants.

Birds Nest Bistro:
    I thought I had posted about this already, but I guess not.... Mr. noski and I had a great little Friday night dinner there in early December. Local beef (Neill farm), cold drafts and the menu, while simple, covers all the basics (beef, chicken, fish, veg). Very well prepared and very, very inexpensive. Where is Bird's Nest Bistro? It's the cafe at the Bridges Resort and it IS open to the public. They are open Fri/Sat for dinner and Sunday for Brunch and Lunch. Menu and hours: http://www.bridgesresort.com/ameniti...s-nest-bistro/ . We left there with a 2 full dinners, 2 drafts and tip for under $40

Went to peasant again last night. Sat outside in the front at the little Bistro tables. Place was packed inside. Got the beef ragout. Delicious. Highly recommend, just be prepared for a gourmet style a la carte menu.

Anybody know what happened to Jay's Diner and Purple Moon Pub & Cafe?

When I was up in May I went in to Jay's and asked when they opened in the morning. They gave me a time, and I walked out. The owner then walked outside and said with very teary eyes, "I'm sorry, tonight was actually our last day in business." Did they go out of business, or did they decide to retire?

As for the Purple Moon, what happened there? I went past in May and figured it was closed certain days each week for the off season. However, this time I went up there, I saw a sale/lease sign. When I was up last fall the place was hopping. I enjoyed a very good meal there. I was shocked to say the least.