Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    The Common Man has new owners? Are they new this year or are they "new" as in the couple that has owned it for only a couple of years? I don't think I made it there last year, but prior to last year I found the food and service at the Common Man to be quite good. What about the 1824 House? I've heard good things, but have yet to venture off mountain to try it out.
    Keith Paxman took over for Michael Ware a couple years ago. Food has been fantastic and they added a bistrot menu for the bar. Not the cheapest place in town, but it has been worth the money every time I have been there.

jkvt
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. - A. A. Milne

1824 House Inn is a nice meal. Similar price range as the Common Man. Sweetwood Bar & Grill is also a good choice. The Purple Moon has a limited pub menu, but everything I've had there has been good. The Easy Street Cafe dinners are also worth a try.

I think someone should buy the former Country Flair space annd make a brew pub. Every ski resort needs a brew pub. Good beer, cheap eats, I'd hit that.

We do need a new Miguels for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tomthumb
    1824 House Inn is a nice meal. Similar price range as the Common Man. Sweetwood Bar & Grill is also a good choice. The Purple Moon has a limited pub menu, but everything I've had there has been good. The Easy Street Cafe dinners are also worth a try.
    Don't forget Egan's!

Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

The problem with places staying open is... not enough people go to them, often enough.

I've heard people say they were sorry that The Den closed. They said they went there a couple times a year. I didn't ask, but I'm sure that those days were Friday and Saturday evenings. These places have to have food and staff for the rest of the week, and the other weeks, too.

When I lived a different life, I used to eat out, as above, a couple times a year. Mostly they were Saturdays. Then I switched ski houses, and the house I was in had a meal plan. That took most Saturday nights.

Every once in a while, I'd go out on Sunday or Monday nights. You wouldn't believe the difference! They were so happy to see us! It went from how long we would have to wait, to where would we like to sit.

Now, I'm on a different budget. The prices at Jim's are much more reasonable, for me, and although Gerry isn't making the food, and the quality may be a step or two down... take a look at me some time. (If you dare! ) I'm not missing a lot of meals.

If you like a place, and want a place like that to be available, patronize it. Bring some friends. The rules are simple. if they have enough business to make it, they'll likely stay in business for quite a while. If not...? They get added to the list.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

i hope whoever it is makes a good go at it..

Late night crepes always hit the spot. For parents here's a no brainer on a Sat night for the kids..Make your own sundaes. I like to watch Watch cider donuts drop in the oil to cook and eat on Sunday morning (Cider Hollow-esque). Maybe someone could have a good bakery component where people headed home can take home a loaf to make sandwhiches.

Mexican? Unless Rosa Mexicana moves up to Warren from Midtown NYC, I am taking a short position on Mex.

I really do wish them well whoever grabs the place and I will be sure to try it out.

been valley enthusiast since 1620