Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the responses everyone. Now I know who to go talk to this weekend.
    Tuning tele gear is no different than alpine. I just figure I'll need some tele specific stuff at some point, or just be looking for some other free-heelers.

As for switching to SB, its partly due to a little one, so the party scene and more terrain are not as important as they once were, and partly due to the new owners. We were at Pico last season and loved it, but the new owners shut the sports center for the summer, closed Pico on Mon and Tues, have managed to piss off so many people in such a short time and created a whole lot of uncertainty down there. Always loved SB, when ASC owned both we used to rent in Pittsfield and drive to SB on many Sat's. So since SB is the only other place we'd consider buying into, it seemed like the season to test SB out.

P.S.
    Win - any chance of spinning a chair this weekend? Pleease!

Re: Ski shops & “season tunes”

Quote Originally Posted by teleo
    After many, many years being based around Killington/Pico, my wife & I, with little one in tow, decided it was time to check out Sugarbush this season. Got the seasonal rental, season passes, etc.

I’m wondering what are the good shops in the area?
    Who does “season” or “bulk” tunes? At Killington, shops offer various deals on “season” or “bulk” tunes such as register a few pairs of skis for the season, or buy 15 tunes for a discount. Hoping to find similar setups here.
    And since I telemark exclusively, where is the Tele shop?
    Dude , as I recall , I was supposed to be taking you in hand and walking you through the valley. ; } I am woefully underprepared. So I would suggest you pm John Atkinson and ask him about tele tunes. Otherwise, my business goes to Mountainside. ; }

Re: Ski shops & “season tunes”

Quote Originally Posted by skiladi
    Dude , as I recall , I was supposed to be taking you in hand and walking you through the valley. ; } I am woefully underprepared. So I would suggest you pm John Atkinson and ask him about tele tunes. Otherwise, my business goes to Mountainside. ; }
    I still hope to get that tour through the valley. Given you're posts about hiking, I think I'm the one that is woefully underprepared.

Given you're posts about hiking, I think I'm the one that is woefully underprepared.
    Yeah... but she just rides her dog up the trails, then gives him a ride down. Who you gonna believe? Her, who you know, or me who you've never heard of?

You'll find a lot of tele riders up here, and some of them are quite good. Altho the reason someone mentioned the shop at the base of Mad River, is they are the Mecca for the east coast teles.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Given you're posts about hiking, I think I'm the one that is woefully underprepared.
    Yeah... but she just rides her dog up the trails, then gives him a ride down. Who you gonna believe? Her, who you know, or me who you've never heard of?

You'll find a lot of tele riders up here, and some of them are quite good. Altho the reason someone mentioned the shop at the base of Mad River, is they are the Mecca for the east coast teles.
    Did you have the zoom out yesterday? I wondered if anyone was watching? ; }

I was playing disc golf. I'm quite the addict.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thought my hands would break. It was cold out there!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Alpine Options, Bull Wheel and Mountainside are all great for tele, alpine or snowboard tunes. Welcome to the MRV!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I was playing disc golf. I'm quite the addict.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

WOW! I was gonna ask if you saw me and the 2 deer dancing around on Pushover but when I looked at your quote there is like 75 font size =2 thingies. Check it out. I can't seem to make out any of the dots , though. And I have my glasses on.

Thought my hands would break. It was cold out there!

Alpine Options has been open until Midnight on Fridays for the past few seasons, so I'd gather that they'll do the same this year. I've had good experiences with Alpine Options, and Mountainside. Say no to Clearwater and Inverness IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tomthumb
    Alpine Options has been open until Midnight on Fridays for the past few seasons, so I'd gather that they'll do the same this year. I've had good experiences with Alpine Options, and Mountainside. Say no to Clearwater and Inverness IMO.
    Agreed re: Inverness. Their owner will be the first guy to tell you how wonderful they are.