Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by boze
    I agree on CR pub issues. Tent great idea, and couple options to heat other than radiant propane units.

At friend's bday party this weekend, with temps in high teens / low 20s he had a 40x40 tent (with sides) attached to his house. Two, possibly 3, heat pump / blower units kept is sufficiently toasty warm for the women to be comfortable dancing in their halter tops.
    Comfortable or not I second the motion to add girls dancing in halter tops. That's a great idea. When can we get this implemented?

I made this suggestion last year (patio structure) and it didn't get much steam, but I still like it. I think a tent would be quick and easy, but possibly an eye sore. They have more semi-permanent structures that are made of plexi-glass (or some such material) that can be put up so everyone can enjoy the outdoor view while staying warm. When mother nature takes over in the Spring to provide the heat it can be disassembled and stored. A quick easy solution to provide more room and still have it look pretty decent. I'm sure that I've over simplified the purchasing and set up of this structure, but it warrants looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    Quote Originally Posted by boze
    I agree on CR pub issues. Tent great idea, and couple options to heat other than radiant propane units.

At friend's bday party this weekend, with temps in high teens / low 20s he had a 40x40 tent (with sides) attached to his house. Two, possibly 3, heat pump / blower units kept is sufficiently toasty warm for the women to be comfortable dancing in their halter tops.
    Comfortable or not I second the motion to add girls dancing in halter tops. That's a great idea. When can we get this implemented?

I made this suggestion last year (patio structure) and it didn't get much steam, but I still like it. I think a tent would be quick and easy, but possibly an eye sore. They have more semi-permanent structures that are made of plexi-glass (or some such material) that can be put up so everyone can enjoy the outdoor view while staying warm. When mother nature takes over in the Spring to provide the heat it can be disassembled and stored. A quick easy solution to provide more room and still have it look pretty decent. I'm sure that I've over simplified the purchasing and set up of this structure, but it warrants looking into.
    LOL.

Re: Castleorck Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer

The expansion of whining about CP...coming soon as a mini-series on cable. This dead horse has more sequels than Rocky.
    You keep calling this whining, but I'm having a hard time understanding your position on this.
    Tin...just poking some fun at ya...notice the As I have mentioned before I don't have a position on this. I work 50 feet away but have never been in CP after skiing and to be honest everyone I know loves the place, as is. I only mention it as a dead horse since this has been discussed in 16 previous threads, so far.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

VH Traverse Snowmaking

Sooo. Can anybody expound upon the new Valley House Traverse snowmaking???
    Heard from patrol that there were some "whales" blown in up there for good measure, and that they are fun to ride.

Sure somebody we'll dig up a rerun of the Castle-Rock-y Horror Picture Show Pub again in a couple months....

Re: VH Traverse Snowmaking

Quote Originally Posted by 007
    Heard from patrol that there were some "whales" blown in up there for good measure, and that they are fun to ride.
    Was VH Traverse one of the areas where upgrades went in this summer? Can't wait to shred that gnar!

Re: VH Traverse Snowmaking

Quote Originally Posted by 007
    Rode the "whales" on VH Traverse, Snowball and Spring fling on Sunday. VH Traverse were very firm - my kids liked them more than me. I assume they are soon to be groomed.

The whales are groomed. Valley house traverse it once again... a traverse.

Sorry Tin... You'll have to find something else for your shredding pleasure.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.