Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The forecast seems to be for above freezing temperatures for the rest of the week. Will the snow that was made last night remain?

Snow Guns TONIGHT

A friend in snow ops confirmed that they will being blowing this evening.

We were lucky enough to have run all day up top and are on tonight. The answer to Howie T2's question is "yes, if it doesn't melt" Now that was a SA answer! Let's hope we do not have the thaws and rains we had last December. We are trying to get a good base methodically laid down so with even some "challenging" early weather we can have turns beginning Thanksgiving and lasting through April. Think snow and enough cold. The snow makers love it below 27 degrees F.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    We were lucky enough to have run all day up top and are on tonight. The answer to Howie T2's question is "yes, if it doesn't melt" Now that was a SA answer! Let's hope we do not have the thaws and rains we had last December. We are trying to get a good base methodically laid down so with even some "challenging" early weather we can have turns beginning Thanksgiving and lasting through April. Think snow and enough cold. The snow makers love it below 27 degrees F.
    Thanks Win. So there is no magic formula to figure out when the snow will hold.
    Glad to see the issues at Mother Merrill haven't resulted in your taking your eyes off the ball at SB.

That is a some sight...

Thx for the pic - - that is a sight for sore eyes!

May Ullr be with you, S'bush!!
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

A bit more than 1 million gallons pumped out and about a foot and a half down on Jester. Off until probably Thursday night and then the temperatures look favorable again.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    A bit more than 1 million gallons pumped out and about a foot and a half down on Jester. Off until probably Thursday night and then the temperatures look favorable again.
    Thanks. These updates really bring a smile to my face as i sit at my desk working.

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Just got the word...we will be blowing snow on Jester Sunday night! Wahoo.....
    You of all people should have believed me (and Treeskier's original post), SRO.

You know who my sources are!
    Despited taking shelter in CO, BMM still has some of the best insider info. Amazing....

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Just got the word...we will be blowing snow on Jester Sunday night! Wahoo.....
    You of all people should have believed me (and Treeskier's original post), SRO.

You know who my sources are!
    Despited taking shelter in CO, BMM still has some of the best insider info. Amazing....
    Ah, what can I say. The 'Bush will always be home to me! Gotta keep up with the goings on.

Will the guns be coming back online tonight or in the wee hours of the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by skithemontis
    Will the guns be coming back online tonight or in the wee hours of the morning?
    They fired up last night for a few hours. Had to shut down this morning. Assuming good temps, they'll be back online tonight.

Montpelier, Vt....Steamboat CO for next two years
    BMM, where in CO are you going to be skiing this winter? I just moved back to VT after 2 years out in CO....man do i miss it!

Quote Originally Posted by SKItheBOAT
    BMM, where in CO are you going to be skiing this winter? I just moved back to VT after 2 years out in CO....man do i miss it!
    All over the place. Cooper, Copper, Winter Park, Loveland, and A-Basin mostly. Will probably hit Crested Butte, Steamboat, Vail, and Beave each for a day.

We are anticipating that the temperatures will be coming down tonight and if so we are ready to fire up again on Jester. I hiked up to Castlerock and over the Long Trail to Heaven's Gate and quite a bit of the snow made from a few days ago in still there. Firm so a good base. The ground is beginning to get hard up there and there is not a lot of water running through the trails which is good for having snow stay once down. There is even a potential for some real snow during the week. 19 days hopefully until we can do some turns!

I think we really dodged the bullet regarding Noel today and tonight.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.