Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clearing to the right of Cat's Meow

Anyone familiar with that clearing to the right of cat's meow which can be seen in the nice summer aerial shots posted on the sugarbush website? What is that?

http://www.sugarbush.com/aboutus/sen...ID=2469&id=374

Rolling over during my summer siesta. –Random

If you are talking about the right, looking up, I'm pretty sure it is a well site. It is also the first exit from Cat's.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

you often have the answers lost one..perfect.

so yes, when looking up the mtn the clearing is to the right of cat's meow. i didn't know what to make of it, look kinda fresh...but i guess not, eh?

I think it was done last year, with the construction. If not, it was improved, then.

And don't go to sleep on us! There is fun to be had up here.

If the mountain biking isn't your thing, there is the zip line and disc golf. See how many trees you can hit.

It can be frustrating, but it is fun.

And that is just the added stuff. Still golf, tennis, and just hanging out thinking about how nice the Green Mountains look when they're green!

Vermont Festival of the Arts all this month!

Too much to do. No sleeping allowed. (or especially aloud! )

I didn't realize how wide Cats Meow was, I have never really bothered to head over there before. Funny how this trail was taken off the map for a while too.

As usual Lostone is correct. It is some kind of water supply for Claybrooke and the base structures. It was built last summer. I think it's more reservior than well, though.

I hope my skinny dipping....

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    As usual Lostone is correct. It is some kind of water supply for Claybrooke and the base structures. It was built last summer. I think it's more reservior than well, though.
    ...in this reservoir meets Act 250 standards (if not Playgirl's....who could compete with Burt Reynolds in his prime !)...

The word I got...

was that Playgirl was passing around a petition asking you to keep your clothes on.

Re: I hope my skinny dipping....

Quote Originally Posted by smootharc
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    ...in this reservoir meets Act 250 standards (if not Playgirl's....who could compete with Burt Reynolds in his prime !)...
    It's covered so if you can get in, skinny dip all you want.

And if you look closely you can also see the liftline of the old T-Bar that was there...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    And if you look closely you can also see the liftline of the old T-Bar that was there...

On cat's Meow or in the woods?

In the woods

lie the remnants of that old lift. Came across some of the old support pads during various trips through those once snow-covered woods...shhh, that line is a secret....
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

Oooo!

That is one that got by me!

Re: The word I got...

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    was that Playgirl was passing around a petition asking you to keep your clothes on.
    Hey....my wife's name is on that petition !?!

You could ask her... If you dare!