Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Timbers closing for a month??

So what's the reason for Timbers closing for a month...what about the open year round, three meals a day advertisements???

Please, can you tell everyone the details as you know them?

MY BAD....i guess I didn't get the details...Timbers is only closing for a couple weeks for spring cleaning, and a few functions...sorry. (Does Egans ever close for a couple weeks though?)

Quote Originally Posted by bullwheel12
    MY BAD....i guess I didn't get the details...Timbers is only closing for a couple weeks for spring cleaning, and a few functions...sorry. (Does Egans ever close for a couple weeks though?)
    Apples and oranges. Egan's is at the busiest crosroads in the Valley and has been operating in some guise or location for many years. Timbers was created de novo over the summer and never really had the chance to get up to spped before opening day. I think it's time to take a well-deserved break, take stock of the areas of improvement, and re-open in a few weeks with a renewed vigor, new chef, and new plan for the future. Unless you were REALLY counting on an important dinner reservation within the next few weeks, I don't see it as a big deal. Sure, I hope this doesn't become an annual occurence, but it is the shoulder season right now anyway.

i guess i just feel like if you are going to advertise being open year round, you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by bullwheel12
    i guess i just feel like if you are going to advertise being open year round, you should be.
    Well then wehre do you draw the line? If a place is closed for X-Mas or New Years Day, can they no longer say they are open year round? Where's your cut-off? Regardless, my sense is that this os a one-time thing to take a breath after the first, hectic season of operation. Also, if you read between the lines, it seems that this interlude will also allow the new chef to come in and spend the necessary time to mold things into the fashion he or she desires. If the price to pay for a more smoothly run ship is three weeks of closure during the mud season, so be it.

Whatever. Maybe a three week rest will be good for a restaurant with inconsistent food, service, and chef.

I don't see what the big deal is?

I had heard about this the other day, and thought nothing of it.

I thought a lot of businesses took a break after the rush of the ski season is over.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

late mud season? No?
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

A lot of restaurants take some time off, everywhere, during slow seasons. Heck, I stopped at a gas station down by Killington last week and they're closing for 2 weeks for vacation, and I'm sure they're considered "year-round".

YAHOOO! Post 100!

Let me clarify. Year around does not mean ever day every week. It means that we will operate during the vast majority of the year. The Pitcher Inn always closes in Mud and Stick season for two reasons. One is to do a thorough cleaning and two is to give the staff vacation time. We are closing Timbers for a couple of weeks for three reasons. First, it needs cleaning, there were puch list items from the hard opening and normal repairs after a busy winter season. Second, this is a slow time of year with very little to draw people up to the mountain until the summer activities begin in June. Third, we will be bringing in our new Manager and Executive chef, and this gives him the time to prepare for a reopening in a couple of weeks. As far as the summer schedule goes, we will be serving breakfast and dinner definitely at Timbers, but we are looking at whether is makes more sense operating the CR Pub and outdoor grill or Timbers for lunch on a daily basis given the activities that we are planning on the Mountain this summer.

Oh the humanity! Three weeks of no Timbers!!!

Thanks for clearing things up, Win. One vote here for the patio/grill option.

My vote (If I were to have a vote) is also for the CR Pub and outdoor patio for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Let me clarify. Year around does not mean ever day every week. It means that we will operate during the vast majority of the year. The Pitcher Inn always closes in Mud and Stick season for two reasons. One is to do a thorough cleaning and two is to give the staff vacation time. We are closing Timbers for a couple of weeks for three reasons. First, it needs cleaning, there were puch list items from the hard opening and normal repairs after a busy winter season. Second, this is a slow time of year with very little to draw people up to the mountain until the summer activities begin in June. Third, we will be bringing in our new Manager and Executive chef, and this gives him the time to prepare for a reopening in a couple of weeks. As far as the summer schedule goes, we will be serving breakfast and dinner definitely at Timbers, but we are looking at whether is makes more sense operating the CR Pub and outdoor grill or Timbers for lunch on a daily basis given the activities that we are planning on the Mountain this summer.

IMHO-go with the CR and outdoor grill. I for one, can't resist the smell of grilled burgers (and some LTs) after biking.
    Are you planning any changes to the configuration of Timbers? Every time I was in there I thought there was a lot of wasted space in the center. Perhaps some bar height tables?