Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Treehugger
    Nothing like that. I've known Gerry for a long time. When he left Egan's he told me he was just plain burnt out. Maybe running Timbers without the burden of ownership was appealing to him. I guess I sounded a little blunt inmy previous post
    Thanks for the clarification.

From what I gather, he seems pretty excited to be doing this job. I expect great things from him, and am pleased to see him in that position. Between Chris and Gerry, I don't think you could find a better F&B team. Here's to the future of SB F&B!!!
    I am glad they skipped out on trying to get another big name and went for local tallent.

March Showers - April Powder

Re: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by Treehugger
    Nothing like that. I've known Gerry for a long time. When he left Egan's he told me he was just plain burnt out. Maybe running Timbers without the burden of ownership was appealing to him. I guess I sounded a little blunt inmy previous post
    Gerry was on the way out right when I started at Egan's... apparently he had planned to move to Arizona, but I guess his plans fizzled or something... cool that he's coming up to the bush...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike451
    They are barely giving us free water, do you think they are going to start handing out free cider
    They've been giving out free hot cider for years. You have to be at the right place at the right time.
    And it is a BIG hit!

And as for the free water, sometimes the usage outraces the ability of the people refilling it. However, if you just walk down the stairs, you'll find two water fountains. They have good water, and are always free.

Quote Originally Posted by boze
    Hot cider hand-outs are nice touch but keep it off the stairways as it can clog foot traffic. Oh, and I prefer my hot cider with a shot of good rum!
    The reason it is usually given out at that place is it is the split on the stairs. If we go further down either route, people going the other way miss out.

And then there is the need for a place to set it up. A bench for sitting is way too low, while the railing on the stairs is quite good.

As to the rum, we suggest people bring their own... and some to share, for the rest of the class.

Oh yeah... and the word at the beginning of last season was that a clock would return for next season.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Quote Originally Posted by boze
    Hot cider hand-outs are nice touch but keep it off the stairways as it can clog foot traffic. Oh, and I prefer my hot cider with a shot of good rum!
    The reason it is usually given out at that place is it is the split on the stairs. If we go further down either route, people going the other way miss out.
    They used to give it out at the top of Super Bravo? Are they still doing that? I was only at SB in mid-April this year unfortunately (great conditions though!) so it's possible they just weren't doing it then because crowds were lower.
    -Kenny

They haven't had cider at the top of the lifts for a few years, now, but a number of years ago, they were mostly at the top of Gatehouse, and sometimes Bravo.

I think they were totally done by April, this year. It is usually a winter thing. Hot cider after a cold day?

Makes a lot of people smile!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Gerry and his wife were going to move to Arizona, but when their son went to Iraq, they realized that home was in the MRV and they decided to stay here and that is when he went to NECI. When he heard about out opening at Timbers, he applied and the rest in history. We are thrilled that Gerry is returning to Sugarbush. And by the way, we will also continue to support Bernie and the great restaurant that he and Gerry started at Egan's. What we want is for the tide to rise and lift all!

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Gerry and his wife were going to move to Arizona, but when their son went to Iraq, they realized that home was in the MRV and they decided to stay here and that is when he went to NECI. When he heard about out opening at Timbers, he applied and the rest in history. We are thrilled that Gerry is returning to Sugarbush. And by the way, we will also continue to support Bernie and the great restaurant that he and Gerry started at Egan's. What we want is for the tide to rise and lift all!
    Cheers to that!

Egan's could potentially use a nod then in the "Eat and Stay" section on Sugarbush.com, no?

Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Egan's could potentially use a nod then in the "Eat and Stay" section on Sugarbush.com, no?

So could a lot of other places....I'm thinking Egan's might not be first on the "in need of help from the mountain list"...