Win Smith Returns for the AlpineZone Challenge!

Please be sure to come over and ask your questions.

Click HERE.

Interesting news about the desire for connecting trails between CR and NL. That's going to upset some people. Also interesting news re: sanctioned tree skiing. That will also upset some people, and delight others.

Nothing earth shatttering there though. Not much in the way of specifics on whether they will address the bar crowding problems this year.

Thanks for the answers Win.

Couple of comments for what they're worth.

Is 1500-2000 feet of additional cafeteria space in the GS lodge going to be enough? Wouldn't it be best to err on the side of having too much if you're building anyway? How much and what kind of additional housing units are being contemplated?

What are the obstacles to linking ME to Birch and North Lynx? Is the land Forest Service, owned by SB or otherwise. Given the capacity of the CR lift versus the North Lynx would it make more sense to have the trail run from NL to ME, although I realize doing it the other way would open more and higher terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Is 1500-2000 feet of additional cafeteria space in the GS lodge going to be enough? Wouldn't it be best to err on the side of having too much if you're building anyway? How much and what kind of additional housing units are being contemplated?

What are the obstacles to linking ME to Birch and North Lynx? Is the land Forest Service, owned by SB or otherwise. Given the capacity of the CR lift versus the North Lynx would it make more sense to have the trail run from NL to ME, although I realize doing it the other way would open more and higher terrain.
    Wonder how much cafeteria space is in the current VH lodge. Should be at least that much in the new lodge, I would think.

As for trails from NL, that would be one hell of a run to get all the way over to ME from there. Me no understand.

I would guess he's talking about joining a way down. I've not gone that far over from either side. Claybrook goes thru that area.

I have Claybrook starting at 3200', and North Lynx just a touch higher, so it seems like you have to cross it.

All that being said, I have the feeling there might be a couple people on his team that... might just have wandered over there.

But you are right, that any trail cut cuts thru someone's favorite stash.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman

Wonder how much cafeteria space is in the current VH lodge. Should be at least that much in the new lodge, I would think.

As for trails from NL, that would be one hell of a run to get all the way over to ME from there. Me no understand.
    I'm terrible with quantitative judgments, but my wife thinks the VH lodge cafeteria is at least 10,000 sq. ft

It would open some nice terrain from ME to NL.

ME, as in Middle Earth, right? Not Mt. Ellen? Cause the latter would be one heck of a project right through protected wildlife/FS land.

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    ME, as in Middle Earth, right? Not Mt. Ellen? Cause the latter would be one heck of a project right through protected wildlife/FS land.
    Yes.