Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

April Showers....often are pass holder days

Well folks the weekend forcast is looking on the wet side. But how often has there been r___ in the forcast and you show up after a hour of weather and it stops and the rest of the day is great corn. Freshly washed! Big smiles by all your Sugarbush friends. I also hope the MT realizes that we have had how many awsume weekends in a row. Even if this weekend is not A+ but the snow stays and Cinco Di Mayo is beautiful they stay the course and open for another corn weekend topped with Margeretas. Boy was last weekend great. See you on the hill.

Too early to worry about weekend forecasts.

Believe it or not, I'm almost ambivalent about next weekend, after the last.

That was the way to end a season! Mid 60s, bluebird skies and everything open. What a weekend!

Still, I'd like similar days for the 5th, so everyone has to come up and make it so!

And besides, that rain might be another like the 15th. That'd suck, huh?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Ambivalence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Believe it or not, I'm almost ambivalent about next weekend, after the last.
    Hey, Lost, better fast forward that ambivy feeling to, say, August 23rd.....which is projected to be warm, lush, green.....and snowless. See you this weekend....on the slopes !

Like I said... I'm almost ambivalent.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

A lot of snow went in the past 48 hours. Hardy and Peter are out in groomers this afternoon working on the Valley House Pod to ensure that we have some good terrain for the weekend. Given the forecast we may be running the Valley Chair rather than Bravo. As you recall, we made the extra snow on Stein's, Snowball, Spring Fling and Coffee run for late Spring skiing and riding, so this is where are focus is. Getting to Heaven's Gate may be a challenge so we will have to see what the next 48 hours bring, but as Treeskier said it is too early to know for sure what the weekend will bring. Unless we have something very different from what we see now, we will have something to ski and ride at least this weekend. Think positive! Tomorrow looks like the worst of the week and getting better after that! Let's hope the showers end by Saturday am.

Likewise on the hoping for just showers, and ending by Sat AM. I gotta hit 40 days this year - I'm just 2 days away! Whether it'll be warm enough to rock out the Mountain Dude remains to be seen, but hopefully the MtnRydr 'll be there!

What do scattered showers mean..What I hear!

NOHH says http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecasts/VT...ity=Waitsfield says 50% scattered showers.
    Well in 24 hour time period that can happen all it wants except the 8 hours of lift access. And so often it does just that.

The MT (John Atkinson) has said this:
    Hello everyone,

Well, for epic spring skiing and riding, it would be nearly impossible to top last weekend at Sugarbush. What could be better than full coverage, soft snow, bright sunshine, good friends, big smiles, and a ton of fun? And coming on the heels of an enormous powder-fest the weekend before, expectations have been set very high.

Yes, we’ve lost some coverage this week, but the amount of snow still up there is totally amazing. Plus, we’ve had some cooler temps, which consolidated the base, so the snow this coming weekend is going to be sweet corn that never gets sticky or deep. While Sunday looks like the nicer of the two days, don’t be surprised to see the sun on Saturday too.

John Atkinson

Seasonal Programs Manager

www.sugarbush.com

p.s. We’re still hoping for a big Cinco de Mayo party to close out the lift-served season at Lincoln Peak. Stay tuned for more details.

Did you see CINCO DI MAYO is still in the sights!

Plus I also got this from another source:
    I called XX for you .
    He sez plenty on snow ripcord etc.
    Haven’t lost alot
    Could probably still ski all of Middle earth.

But, rumor has it, Hardy’s talking about just running Valley house?

I personally would be willing to walk or down load back from top of Brovo so I could ski Heavens Gate.

Did I mention the Rocks........Cinco Di Mayo......in our glass with TaKillyah after soft bumps!

Doing my spring snow dance!

So if I get this right, I pay $46 for a double with 2 trails?

Everyone up there for a weekend skiing off valleyhouse?

I'm not a passholder. I think I'll be a k-mart shopper.
    You will only find me where I never can be.

The forecast is looking better. I look and listen to a number. This morning Roger Hill said that the highest chance of showers tomorrow are Rutland south and east of Montpelier/Barre. He thinks the Green Mountains and Champlain Valley might be dry with only a chance of a couple of showers today and tomorrow and some sun coming out on Sunday. We worked hard on the mountain yesterday and have the Valley House area in good shape. Snowball, Spring Fling, Stein's and Coffee Run. We are working today on the Bravo area to make as much terrain as possible assessible, so we will have an update later in the day on what will be available. Upper mountain does have a lot of snow still. The run out at The Rock is shot, so the Rock will not be available nor will the Gate House pod for the same reason. This year was the latest the Rock has been open since good records started in 1970. It is dry here as of this writing just before 7:00am. If the weather is dry tomorrow, we will have a BBQ and have Billy Caldwell back for Apres Ski.

I went up last night for a run; Coffee Run to Lower Grinder to Upper Grinder for the skin and Paradise, Lower Paradise, Lower Ripcord, Downspout, Lower Jester, Coffee Run for the descent. I was on snow the entire time, except for about ten feet of grass to link onto Lower Jester near the bottom of HG. It was perfect corn, even at 7:30pm.

The first steep pitch on 'Dise was mostly gone, so I ducked into the woods to get around the vegetation. Much of the upper mountain trees were still well covered, especially north-facing stuff. I looked into BC even, but the rollover was green and I backed off.

Paradise skied great, with mellowing bumps and soft snow. I walked back to Ripcord above the final pitch of Lower Paradise, but looking back up it, it probably would have been fine. I didn't do the last pitch on Ripcord either, instead traversing to Downspout. Amazingly, the natural half-pipe hadn't broken up yet, although there was a flowing stream at the bottom of it.

Ripcord and Grinder had awesome cover, the Rock was burned out down low, but held a lot of potential vertical. Even more impressive, Birch Run and Sunrise still had good cover too, but these will start to go quickly.

Should be another great weekend!

John

Tomorrow Bravo spins at 8am, Heanven's gate at 9am. !8 trails open including Organgriner, Ripcord, Spring Fling, Snowball, Stein's, Birdland, Murphy's.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Tomorrow Bravo spins at 8am, Heanven's gate at 9am. !8 trails open including Organgriner, Ripcord, Spring Fling, Snowball, Stein's, Birdland, Murphy's.
    Gooooood... glad to see some upper mountain skiing. I imagine there are some sketchy traverses, but it should be a fun weekend anyway.

Great news! Too bad this is a busy weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next weekend if you remain open.
    -Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1
    Great news! Too bad this is a busy weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next weekend if you remain open.
    This weekend could do it for LP. "Late-season skiing" was indeed moved to LP, but maybe "really late-season skiing" still awaits at ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Fourwide
    Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1
    This weekend could do it for LP. "Late-season skiing" was indeed moved to LP, but maybe "really late-season skiing" still awaits at ME!
    You know it! I'll be there, even if no one else is