Off season changes

Is it fair to assume given the plan for mountain biking, that this summer will not see the demolition of the Valley House?
    Is there going to be any construction this summer?

I'm pretty sure that Win committed to building the Guest Services Lodge right here on this very website. Haven't heard much about it since then. Not sure why having mtn biking and disc golf would preclude the destruction of VH lodge. That thing could be taken down with heavy equipment in about 3 days, if that.

What I'm interested to know more about are the off-season plans for glading and forestry preservation. A little birdy told me that certain USFS approvals were received enabling SB to do some things it previously hadn't been able to. I'd like to know more, and how I can help, if SB is looking for volunteers.

Glading volunteers....

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    What I'm interested to know more about are the off-season plans for glading and forestry preservation. A little birdy told me that certain USFS approvals were received enabling SB to do some things it previously hadn't been able to. I'd like to know more, and how I can help, if SB is looking for volunteers.
    This guy might be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    I'm pretty sure that Win committed to building the Guest Services Lodge right here on this very website. Haven't heard much about it since then. Not sure why having mtn biking and disc golf would preclude the destruction of VH lodge. That thing could be taken down with heavy equipment in about 3 days, if that.

You're right. I was just hearing about the summer activities and 'nothing about any construction/demolition, that I assumed there was not going to be any of the latter. Isn't building the Guest Services Lodge a necessary prerequisite to demolishing the VH?

What kind of permits were they seeking?

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    You're right. I was just hearing about the summer activities and 'nothing about any construction/demolition, that I assumed there was not going to be any of the latter. Isn't building the Guest Services Lodge a necessary prerequisite to demolishing the VH?

What kind of permits were they seeking?
    You would think that you can't demolish VH without building the new lodge, given the experience this year, but you never know. I would be a vocal critic of any plan to sequence the two events.

As for the permits, I don't know the exact nature of what they were seeking and/or what was approved, but my understanding is that there is some enhanced flexibility in what they can do. Not sure if that would include Slide Brok, but I doubt it. As with Lostone, I really only traffic in rumors and innuendo, so you may be best served waiting until there is some sort of official or less unofficial word than mine.

The VH lodge will remain standing until the Guest Service center is built.

Keep an eye on AZ for Win participates in the ski area challenge.