Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball talk

Quote Originally Posted by castlerock
    The last hour yesterday was special. A run in Rumble woods, then an beautiful untracked, deep pumphouse woods off Bravo.

I was so fired up for today.....Now, I'm drinking (drowning my sorrows) and watching the RedSox....What could have been.
    You should wait 'till September when you'll really have reason to drown your sorrows.

LOL

Yes September has been difficult in the past, but let us remember 2004...

Oh, and is there a limit to the number of starting pitchers you can put on the DL?....BTW I am still drinking! How's my typing?

You're still making sense. Have another.

Re: LOL

Yes September has been difficult in the past, but let us remember 2004...

Oh, and is there a limit to the number of starting pitchers you can put on the DL?....BTW I am still drinking! How's my typing?
    Yeah our new training staff is doing a bang up job.
    April through June is when I have to hear the Red Sox and Mets fan chirp. Then it gets quieter as we approach the dogs days of summer (I have a faint recollection of 4 days in Fenway last August which quieted things done). And then every year I'm sitting down the left field line at Yankee Stadium in October.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    I have a faint recollection of 4 days in Fenway last August which quieted things done)
    I was at the 3rd game of that debacle....I've had to go to therapy since, but one day at at time....

I have a faint recollection of 4 days in Fenway last August which quieted things done)
    I was at the 3rd game of that debacle....I've had to go to therapy since, but one day at at time....
    Please. I was at 6 & 7 in '04. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

I was at 6 in 2004 too. Aaaaahh, Slappy McBlue Lips

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman

I was there too, but now after your post I can't like you anymore (Diehard Yankees fan, hence "kcyanks1")
    -Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1

I was there too, but now after your post I can't like you anymore (Diehard Yankees fan, hence "kcyanks1")
    Yankees....Ahhh makes sense now. I thought Kansas City had a new team?
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier

O.k. I just wanted to get this straight. So not only is Spring in January, and Winter is in April. But now I see Yankee fans and Red Sox fans commiserate with each other and are consiliatory towards one another. Alright, alright alright ok ok ok so I guess then if I see something like oh say Stienbrenner and Luchinno sqare dancing together on Sports Center, then of course, it'll be obvious that it's time to pack a picnic basket to go see the 4th of July torchlite parade on Spring Fling. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale

O.k. I just wanted to get this straight. So not only is Spring in January, and Winter is in April. But now I see Yankee fans and Red Sox fans commiserate with each other and are consiliatory towards one another. Alright, alright alright ok ok ok so I guess then if I see something like oh say Stienbrenner and Luchinno sqare dancing together on Sports Center, then of course, it'll be obvious that it's time to pack a picnic basket to go see the 4th of July torchlite parade on Spring Fling. Got it.
    It's all the powder lately. I've even thought of giving up my seats so I can get a place at the 'bush.

Pure chaos. Cats and dogs living together.

Isn't this some apocalyptic sign?

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
    Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
    Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
    Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
    Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...
    Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

CR - Thanks for picking up on my reference. Well done.

KC = my initials
    -Kenny