Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Update on Althea. She is eating okay and "things" seem to be in working order. She wants to walk and play so I'm hoping the vet will give us the okay to travel to Vt. Her staples stay in until the 24th.

Good luck skiladi. I know how hard it can be. Jack, the original Diamond Dog, had a tough time with cancer and I can totally empathize with you. Gus is back on anti-biotics again, too. We'll see where it goes.

John

Quote Originally Posted by skiladi

Update on Althea. She is eating okay and "things" seem to be in working order. She wants to walk and play so I'm hoping the vet will give us the okay to travel to Vt. Her staples stay in until the 24th.
    Other than Treeskier pumping up for a cornfest there doesn't seem to be much happening so I thought I would let you all know that Althea had her staples removed today and she is doing very well for a geriatric. Her appetite has been spotty but she is still eating. She wags her tail and sniffs the air. She had a 3 dog playdate this afternoon. So , life is good. ; }

Sounds good!

Glad to hear the pup is doing better. Get her on the snowboard for the last runs of the season.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

She rips at Blueberry Lake. Does that count? ; }

Quote Originally Posted by skiladi

She rips at Blueberry Lake. Does that count? ; }
    Missing playing in the snow!! But Althea is getting better every day , even though her bloodwork indicates poor liver and kidney function. She is on a few different meds so hoping that helps. The tumor was removed along with the spleen and the vet was surprised by the biopsy report. It was a cancer. A rare form that will not spread now that the tumor is gone so maybe she will be skiing again at Blueberry Lake. ; } Not sure of her exact birthdate because she was a rescue but she was still a pup so it was a pretty certain estimate. We called it May 1st , 1992 so she is officially ( sort of ) 15.

The best Basset that ever lived

5/1/1992-12/8/2007

She was awesome to the very end. I have cried but I can't really be sad as she had a very good life for a dog. It didn't start that way but after my son rescued her in puppyhood it was wonderful then until the end.

So sorry to hear about your pooch.

She was greatful, loyal & uncoditionally loved you because you guys saved her.

As the saying goes......I wish I was the person my dog thinks I am(or something like that).
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Rest in peace, Althea.

My condolences. I'll leave the poetry to John.

I'd also like to pass on my condolences. Over the summer, I got a dog and I have grown very close to him. I feel your pain and I'm sure you can get through it.

Your dog is in a better place now, with no pain, but will live on forever.

You have my sympahty, I've been there. The only consolation is knowing how lucky you were to have such a good friend.

Here's to a great dog's great life :cheers:

May Althea rest in peace! Sleep easy, skiladi, knowing that you provided her a wonderful life full of love, fun, and happiness.

My thoughts are with you!

Sorry for your loss, but I'm sure she'll be there on the other side; sad eyes, but wagging her tail with glee.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

skilady, sorry for your loss. . . . she was a big part of your life, obviously. . . . . .all dogs go to heaven as far as I can see. . . . . . . . and as i mentioned to John, you get to keep those memories forever!

Here is a great book just out on this very subject: Rescuing Sprite - Mark Levin author; you will be right at home with this experience http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...=9781416559139