Quote Originally Posted by win
Are you having a bad day. Sugarboarder? I can explain the economics of this business to you if you like. If you want what I know you want, it does not come free or cheap. The All-Mountain 5 is a great deal and you know it! Less crowds and great conditions. We really should charge more for week days! If you want, I have a pair of ski for you and am happy to introduce you to Eric!

Freedom of speech is great! Uninformed rantings are dangerous!

Like it or not that is how I view things!
I'm having a great day, why? Because I'm unhappy with such a big price increase? Has nothing to do with the day I'm having. I don't need a lesson in business economics to know that a 27% price increase in one year is a lot, no matter what you are selling, unless it is a commodity. I'm betting no other mountain in the US increased the price of one pass by that percentage this year - but I'm not going to get into checking that out and a big "prove it" scenario...just a hunch. I never said I want anything cheap, and I don't know where you got FREE from. The All Mtn. 5 WAS a great deal. I'm sure you understand, and don't need a lesson in, the "economics" of charging MORE for weekday skiing...we may pay less for that time, but at least we are there when others cannot be. I used to go around telling other people at snowboard races all over New England and at Nationals, and kayak races in the summer all over the Eastern US what a great place Sugarbush was...so there is value above the straight $$ in having a contented group of loyal local clientele - I know you understand that, just making a point. I was just joking about the skis of course, although I know you'd love to get rid of me!

Freedom of speech is often called things like "uninformed rantings" by people who don't like what is being said, happens every day all over the world...especially if that person is viewed to have some sort of lower intellect because of the type of equipment attached to their feet.