Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

2007/2008 Pass Pricing

The positives:

- Holding the line on the ME pass price

- Adding the ME Plus pass. This helps to serve a niche that proves to be a win/win for the mountain and customers.

- Including April skiing this year for "free"

The negatives:

- The early bird discount isn't really substantial if you've already paid for tickets for the rest of the year

- Regardless, the pricing of the pass is, IMHO, about $50-100 too high. I can still get vouchers via one of the members of the CT Ski Council for what will likely be $42-44/day next year. That puts my break-even at somewhere in the 22-23 day range. I guess this works better for people who don't avail themselves of these types of deals, but that's a stretch for me. $950 is just a bridge too far, IMHO.

Discuss...

"All Mtn" prices are high, yes. That's why I go with the Mt Ellen pass, and for next year, the Plus. Though I love the terrain over at LP, I have had quite a joy with the trails over at Ellen. There have been several weekend days when it has been dead over at Ellen - why? Cause everyone's over at LP. That's why the Plus pass is perfect for me. I like to ride over at LP and would ride over there more if I could get a better discount. Then the Plus pass comes along. Perfect!

Can't see myself shelling out nearly a grand on an All-Mtn pass to any mountain.

Re: 2007/2008 Pass Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    I can still get vouchers via one of the members of the CT Ski Council for what will likely be $42-44/day next year.

Tin, I hope the members of the CT ski council do not sell tickets to non-members. This is a clear violation of council rules and I fear that this great program could disappear because it might get widely abused. I am not accusing anyone, but I would suggest that becoming a member is the way to go - if you do not buy a pass.

I pay only $50 to join for my entire family. I currently live in Vermont but maintain my good standing with the club, so I do not think there are any geographic restrictions.

I also like the skiing at Okemo, Stratton & <gasp>K-Town</gasp> once in a while. The club is great for that.

Re: 2007/2008 Pass Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    The positives:

- Holding the line on the ME pass price

- Adding the ME Plus pass. This helps to serve a niche that proves to be a win/win for the mountain and customers.

- Including April skiing this year for "free"

The negatives:

- The early bird discount isn't really substantial if you've already paid for tickets for the rest of the year

- Regardless, the pricing of the pass is, IMHO, about $50-100 too high. I can still get vouchers via one of the members of the CT Ski Council for what will likely be $42-44/day next year. That puts my break-even at somewhere in the 22-23 day range. I guess this works better for people who don't avail themselves of these types of deals, but that's a stretch for me. $950 is just a bridge too far, IMHO.

Discuss...
    I agree with you 100% (don't get used to it). Any chance we could get a forum member discount?

April skiing is not really new, is it? I skied a couple of days last year after buing 06/07 pass. It also does nothing for current pass holders. I would like to see an option to renew current pass with deeper discount.

OK - just one more post before sailing off into summer, because this pisses me off so much.

If you are thinking happy thoughts, and in a state of powder bliss, read no further.

My pass - All Mtn 5 - just went up $150 in one year. That's a 30% increase. That is absurd. It must be the value added...let's see...a nice REAL halfpipe that nobody drives a cat down the middle of? Nope, that's not it...but it's an "eyesore"...I forgot. What else? All the days use I got on the NASTAR course? Nope, was closed to us more than it was open on Fridays...that's not it. Hmmm. The privilege of schlepping gear up and down the stairs in the new lodge and having it buried in the little storage room? Nope, couldn't be it.

I guess we know who is paying for Clay Brook now, and it's not the unit owners.

Almost makes me want to get some skis and go to...to...uh...Mad River...almost. Probably Colorado instead. Have a nice summer everybody, really!!
    Altitude is Everything

Season Pass suggestion

A season pass that was all mountain weekdays and Mt. Ellen only weekends would be ideal for my family. Since SB's goal appears to encourage use of Mt Ellen, this pass would have the benefit to me of skiing any day I wish combined with the encouragement of skiing at Ellen when South is the busiest. A pre-season cost of $799 which is half-way between the All Mtn 5 and All Mtn 7 passes would hit my sweet spot.

Another idea would be to allow Mt Ellen pass holders (read Claybrook owners) one trip up the Gate House per day so they could commute via Slide Brook to ME.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarboarder
    Almost makes me want to get some skis and go to...to...uh...Mad River...almost. Probably Colorado instead. Have a nice summer everybody, really!!
    I'll be in Colorado next year for most of the season!

Anyway... same to you.

early purchase discounts, etc

I agree with posts here that a bigger discount for purchase by early May would be well received (by me anyway!). $60 savings to purchase by May 3rd vs Sep 20......... not really that much of an incentive. Although I did buy my 06/07 pass in April of 06.

I am really interested in the ME+ pass and think that is going to be a popular addition to the lineup. I had the ME only pass 05/06 (nice, but I missed South more than I thought I would). For 06/07 I coughed up the nearly $1,000 for the All Mt 7 and of course the 1st half of the season I spent almost exclusively at ME. Hhhmmm. Since the arrival of real winter in early Feb, I have spent more time at LP, but also have been hijacked away to Stowe a couple of days, fortunately skiing for NC on the 'friends w/. vouchers' program. At $78/day PAYING to ski there just is a non-starter.
    So, leaning towards the ME+ 7 as it is priced well and will give me the chance to pick a few non-crowded days to enjoy the terrain at LP.

It'll be really interesting to see how people respond to the offerings. The website could use a button or whatever to direct folks to pass prices - they seem a little buried where they are. Maybe it's just me? ;)

And (unrelated to pass pricing) how happy was I that I took yesterday as a VACATION day and skied Monday!??!?!? Un-freakin-believable snow....... talk about a parallel universe! Sure was outstanding......

Are you having a bad day. Sugarboarder? I can explain the economics of this business to you if you like. If you want what I know you want, it does not come free or cheap. The All-Mountain 5 is a great deal and you know it! Less crowds and great conditions. We really should charge more for week days! If you want, I have a pair of ski for you and am happy to introduce you to Eric!

As far as the Council tickets go, Tim is correct. If I discover that non-Council members are being sold or given tickets, that will end the Council program. This is very clear in the agreement. Shop lifters raise the price for all consumers and those that cheat ski resorts raise the price for all others. Each week we catch a few people trying to scam us and I have no sympathy for them. Fortunately 99% of our guests are honest and great people.

Freedom of speech is great! Uninformed rantings are dangerous!

Like it or not that is how I view things!

Quote Originally Posted by win
    If you want, I have a pair of ski for you and am happy to introduce you to Eric!
    ROFLMAO!!!!!

Awesome, Win! Well put!

Eric Friedman is a great guy. You should go ahead and take Win up on the offer, Sugarboarder!

Win... that made my day!

Wow....BMM and SB both out west next year? That means more powder for me (and the rest of us) - SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay
    Wow....BMM and SB both out west next year? That means more powder for me (and the rest of us) - SWEET!
    Oh, don't worry... I'll make a point to come back on the best powder days to take away your powder!

For $950 I get 3 passes at LP (Me, my 9 year old and 6 year old). That's a great deal. Putting my 6 year old aside, because she is free in any event, my break even point is about 15 days (assuming Council pricing plus club membership). I far surpassed that. In fact, I figure that our per day cost this year was about $30.00. I could hardly complain about that.

Frankly, I don't mind spending money on the pass, if the ownership is putting money back into the mountain to make our experience enjoyable. This year we got more than our money's worth. The mountain ops team performed exceedingly well during the early season (pre mid-January). I told anyone who would listen that the pre-mid - January skiing at Sugarbush wasn't that bad, when it was horrendous everywhere else.

There are many occasions where I feel I'm getting ripped off (try a week at Disney for example), but this is not one of them.

On the plus side, I am extremely happy they got rid of the college student $299 pass.