Quote Originally Posted by madhavok
Quote Originally Posted by Greg
Quote Originally Posted by madhavok
I can only surmise that Sugarbush is thinking they値l give away the skiing to college students for 4 years (or 5 or 6 depending upon the student) and when they graduate, find a job, and they値l come back to Sugarbush to spend their hard earned dollars. That痴 only my best guess but if I知 on the right track then I知 skeptic.
You just answered your own question.
Well like I said, if my best guess is true, i think its a nice concept but I bet it fails to deliver the numbers.

1. I doubt big bucks are being spent at Sugarbush by recent college grads.
2. Anyone who buys a college pass at Sugarbush probably already know how awesome Sugarbush is.
3. Anyone who buys a college pass already is already a skier who is going to ski anyway.

Remember the HSQ issue and how snow quality was a critical issue for some? Well giving away season passes at $299 to college kids who ski every weekend isn't helping that.

Besides if your really interested in a future customer base then you better start before college. Someone who grows up in a family that ski's sugarbush comes back as a grown up with his or her family and skis sugarbush. Only problem is every year it gets harder and harder for the working middle class families to afford skiing as an activity.

But then again i'm not surprised, most ski resorts stopped focusing their attention on "the family" 10 or 15 years ago.
What do you do for a living, MH? I'm just curious. You seem to think you have all the answers, but your line of thinking is about 180 degrees from good business practices or even common sense sometimes.

Sugarbush does cater to familes and tries to make it affordable. Take the Adult All Mountain-7 pass. With that, "Kids Ski Free! One dependent (ages 12 & under) receives a Youth All Mountain-7 pass for every Adult All Mountain-7 pass purchased." That's a pretty damn good deal. Kids 6 and under get free lift tickets at Sugarbush....all the time.