Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarboarder
    The argument that we are "getting a deal" with a midweek pass is a non-issue. That is what the mountain charged for said pass. To come back later and say "hey we gave you a deal, and we should be charging more for that service" is ridiculous. That was the rate paid and the deal was midweek skiing and riding...period.
    And I agree with Howie T2 that you'll be doing a lot of complaining there, too. I just think that is you. (IMNATHO) And if everyone I associated with was always complaining, I'd just have to find other people. It just has to drag you down. (again, IMNATHO)
    Did someone say "argue the point, not the person???

Altitude is Everything

The argument that we are "getting a deal" with a midweek pass is a non-issue. That is what the mountain charged for said pass. To come back later and say "hey we gave you a deal, and we should be charging more for that service" is ridiculous. That was the rate paid and the deal was midweek skiing and riding...period.
    By your way of thinking, if they once have a low price, they could never get to market rates, but should always be below market rates. Actually, it is a common practice to offer a lower price to get someone into the store, then raise the prices, once you have sampled the product.
    Yup, that's known as a "bait and switch".

By your way of thinking - it's OK to say we'll sell you a pass at this established price and then tell you later that you got too much for your money and therefore have no right to criticize the seller when you feel that what was promised is not what was delivered.
    Altitude is Everything

No. Bait and switch is where they lure you in at one price and then say that object is no longer available, but ther eis this more expensive one. This is a simple price increase. You are told at the beginning of the buying cycle, what the price is. You can make the decision to go to the store or not, but the price you will get is the price advertised.

And there is nothing saying you have no right to criticise the increase. That is your right. That does not mean they will lower the price. Some people complain about everythig. They feel their price is competitive with their competition. Should that not be so, they'll notice the drop in their sales and realize they're not making enough withe the new price structure, and change it.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

You have complained about the 27% increase. You said that was out of line, so you are going to Stowe, which will now be an increase of 35%. You justify that by saying the extras they give are worth the extra 8% above the original increase.
    Yeah..I think I already said that. But thanks for the reminder.

I said before, and again, if the value you will receive for the price they are charging is not there, you should take you freedom of movement and go to where the value fits the price you will pay.
    Thanks - whew, I've been trying to figure that one out since I said it before.

I think you should go. I've looked at your list of extra things you get and they don't do it for me.
    What exactly does whether the extras at Stowe "do it for you", or the fact that YOU think I should go have to do with anything. Thanks, I'll take it under consideration.

...I think you need to get away, as you are so negative about Sugarbush it could never be good for you to stay, were they to give you a half price pass.
    Yeah, a half price pass, that would REALLY upset me! I find it interesting that MY comments about things I find need improvement are being singled out as "so negative" when there are so many other example throughout this board? Maybe it's the snowboarder thing, who knows. And you're very perceptive - I had a horrible time here this year, it was just awful, god I hope I recover.

Let me aks you this - if you bought let's say an expensive landscaping service, and you were promised grass cutting, tree pruning, and flower planting; and the yard was cut perfectly but the the trees were pruned half-assed and only some of the flowers you were promised were planted - would you take the attitude that, well the grass looks great so I'll let the other stuff go?

I am probably a bit more critical about the racing aspect of being at SB than most, but I have put my entire energies into trying to win a National Championship the past two years. Thousands of dollars and a lot of sacrifice. I know non-competitive people could never understand this, that's a given. But when I have NASTAR here as my only training (plus a few days with GMVS - thanks again Steve) and I am told NASTAR will be available every Fri-Sun. snow and weather permitting, why would I not get angry when that is not nearly the case? I plan EVERY detail of my competition strategy and when I get shorted on something I have spent money for I say something. Being told last year that the reason an alternate NASTAR course wasn't set on Racer's Edge becuase there wasn't enough snow, then there Is enough snow this year and it STILL doesn't happen, is a blow-off and alie meant to placate, pure and simple - at least that is the perception the consumer (me) gets.

The solution to this is very simple - be TRUTHFUL with us. If the mountain said at the beginning of the year, NASTAR (or whatever service) will be closed fairly regularly or limited due to other events, and no alternate course (or service) will be offered due to budget issues (or whatever reason), then I would have full disclosure of information, and could decide whether buying a NASTAR pass (or similar extra) is worth it.

Lastly - I don't feel that being vocal, and yes petulant at times (I'm human - oh no), about the focus and passion of my life, which I have poured almost all my resources into, makes me a negative person. If that were true I wouldn't have all the great friends I have all over the country, and yes, here in the valley too...they won't admit it here though 'cause of, you know, the snowboarder thing............................................. .............JUST KIDDING!!
    Altitude is Everything

No. Bait and switch is where they lure you in at one price and then say that object is no longer available, but ther eis this more expensive one. This is a simple price increase. You are told at the beginning of the buying cycle, what the price is. You can make the decision to go to the store or not, but the price you will get is the price advertised.
    You're right. My bad.

And there is nothing saying you have no right to criticise the increase. That is your right. That does not mean they will lower the price.
    Come on now - I'm not stupid. You're making it sound like I have asked them, or ecpect them to, lower the price due to one dissenting voice.

Some people complain about everythig. They feel their price is competitive with their competition. Should that not be so, they'll notice the drop in their sales and realize they're not making enough withe the new price structure, and change it.
    Yes - I complain about everything...damn world...why does the bad stuff always all happen to me...thanks for the business lesson though - I wasn't clear on that.
    Altitude is Everything

they won't admit it here though 'cause of, you know, the snowboarder thing............................................. .............JUST KIDDING!!
    For the last time, it's not the snowboarder thing, it's just the fact that you're the most outspoken critic on this forum...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

The End.
    March Showers - April Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    they won't admit it here though 'cause of, you know, the snowboarder thing............................................. .............JUST KIDDING!!
    For the last time, it's not the snowboarder thing, it's just the fact that you're the most outspoken critic on this forum...

Hellloooooooo...calling Strat......did you miss the JUST KIDDING in capital letters and the "Razz" smilie??? You've also taken your quote out of context - The entire paragraph reds as follows...

"Lastly - I don't feel that being vocal, and yes petulant at times (I'm human - oh no), about the focus and passion of my life, which I have poured almost all my resources into, makes me a negative person. If that were true I wouldn't have all the great friends I have all over the country, and yes, here in the valley too...they won't admit it here though 'cause of, you know, the snowboarder thing............................................. .............JUST KIDDING!!"

It's a playful poke at Lostone's previous thinly veiled barb about people not wanting to hang out with negative people. Get it?
    Altitude is Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_451
    The End.
    Thank god - I didn't even start the damn thread.
    Altitude is Everything

Sugarborder, is it official that you are taking your business to Stowe for '07-'08? If so, what message board will you use to state your gripes? because I want to be able to keep abreast of your trials and tribulations of next season.

The May cutoff for the first discount tier is early, seems unfair. Why not give people at least until June or July. Personally, I always get nervous about buying any non-refundable product that far ahead because I'm concerned that maybe my life will change (e.g. relocation, change in income, injury, etc) or that the company will go defunked in the meantime. Ski areas, in particular, worry me when they hold my money for the entire spring and summer before the season. Again, thats just me. I probably shouldn't worry because no major ski area has ever welched on their passes.

Too many "Yes men?" Can't help it if this board has generally attracted people who like the general direction of the mtn. If you look carefully however, most everyone has shared a complaint, crictical observation or the like throughout the course of the season. So I really don't think the yes men comment holds much water. The more I think about it, I can only think of one Yes man (who I will refrain from calling out), the rest of the other so called yes men that come to mind are also mtn employees, so they are obviously handicapped in what cricitism they can share in a forum like this.

And if you think the value isn't there anymore at Sugarbush, then sadly, I guess its time to move on. Another round of price increases for the '08-'09 season as they are proposing for '07-'08 and I'd be likely to join the dissappointment ~ time to look elsewhere camp.

Hellloooooooo...calling Strat......did you miss the JUST KIDDING in capital letters and the "Razz" smilie??? You've also taken your quote out of context - The entire paragraph reds as follows...

"Lastly - I don't feel that being vocal, and yes petulant at times (I'm human - oh no), about the focus and passion of my life, which I have poured almost all my resources into, makes me a negative person. If that were true I wouldn't have all the great friends I have all over the country, and yes, here in the valley too...they won't admit it here though 'cause of, you know, the snowboarder thing............................................. .............JUST KIDDING!!"

It's a playful poke at Lostone's previous thinly veiled barb about people not wanting to hang out with negative people. Get it?
    Yeah, I get it, but you can't argue that jokingly or not you have brought up the fact that you think you're discriminated against many, many times...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    Sugarborder, is it official that you are taking your business to Stowe for '07-'08? If so, what message board will you use to state your gripes? because I want to be able to keep abreast of your trials and tribulations of next season.
    ...no, not official...I'll do a press release through my agent when it's been decided!

At least I know where you will be stating YOUR gripes if I want to keep abreast of them!

Since so many people skim this thread, read only the bad stuff and / or parts of posts...

It's really funny to me how far this went. I posted that I was pissed, and used some not so diplomatic examples to support my point. Win said I had posted "dangerous and uninformed rantings" and then when "asland" pointed out that was going too far, win agreed. Then I apologized to Win (here at least) for using flame points to support my main point. I continued to be criticized so I responded, and also pointed out a similar pass price at Stowe - which plenty of other posters did as well. Win responded to me, and Tin, and others that he was tired of the criticism from, and left the board FOR NOW. In the BS that ensued you would have thought the world had come to an end.

Lostone, are you telling me you NEVER protested anything, never spoke your mind about something you were mad about, never went out of your way to cause consternation among people or an organization you viewed as not upholding their end of the deal (like the Estblishment or the MAN )? Have I been negative at times here? Yup. But I have also contibuted plenty of humor and praised those who deserve it in my eyes, but as usual people only see the negativity, and then accuse me of that same thing.

This just in - Criticism DOES NOT always equal NEGATIVITY.
    Altitude is Everything

Yeah, I get it, but you can't argue that jokingly or not you have brought up the fact that you think you're discriminated against many, many times...
    OK - so you are bringing it up again and saying that I have done so again? Please. This is similar to the old "Have you stopped beating your wife?" question. If you say no - you are a wife beater. If you say yes, you were STILL a wife beater.

I start to joke about the "discrimnation" to lighten up a bit, which a lot of folks seem to want me to do, and you want to just keep things the way they were...to what end? Guess it's damned if I do and damned if I don't...I'm starting to feel like Win for god's sake!
    Altitude is Everything

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    ...no, not official...I'll do a press release through my agent when it's been decided!
    And if you move on to another mtn, will you be changing your moniker? Or will it be somethinglike "SugarboarderatStowe" or "The boarder formerly known as Sugarboarder?" Anyhow, your plight, either to stick with Sugarbush or move on is the best reality entertainment out there right now.

No offense, but I think you should try something else and my guess is that you'll be back in '08-'09

OK - so you are bringing it up again and saying that I have done so again? Please. This is similar to the old "Have you stopped beating your wife?" question. If you say no - you are a wife beater. If you say yes, you were STILL a wife beater.

I start to joke about the "discrimnation" to lighten up a bit, which a lot of folks seem to want me to do, and you want to just keep things the way they were...to what end? Guess it's damned if I do and damned if I don't...I'm starting to feel like Win for god's sake!
    Geez what r u on
    March Showers - April Powder