Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cafeteria at Lincoln Peak

I guess I have just always ran past the cafeteria at Lincoln peak to go ski and eat the smushed pbj sandwich from my pocket....

but yesterday I was able to check out the new cafateria becasue I was skiing with my family who wanted a real lunch. It's a beautiful building with lots of light but...

First, it is very crowded. Not so much with people but with the tables placed so close together it was uncomfortale to sit if someone sat behind you at the next table. Then, there was absolutely no room to pass through. I often had to pause eating, stand up, push in my chair, le tthe person pass, and then sit down. pain in the butt!

Second, it is very plain. I think the word my wife used was blah. Not cozy in the slightest bit.

Finally, all the outside seating is gone, with the exception of the bar.

sort of a downer.

asland

You should have gone across the plaza to Timbers for lunch. Sounds like it would have matched up better to what you were looking for.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    You should have gone across the plaza to Timbers for lunch. Sounds like it would have matched up better to what you were looking for.
    Yeah.

While you make some valid points, asland, you have to remember it's meant to be a cafeteria, not a cozy restaurant. That's what Timbers is for!

Where some decor fixes would be nice and all, it's not that big an issue. I mean I would like it to feel more like a ski mountain and less like a school caf, but that's just nit-picking. I do think it is a bit overcrowded though with the tables uncomfortably close together. I never go in for lunch (smushed PBJ in a pack is the best way to go) I do put on my boots up there in the morning sometimes. I can only imagine what it would be like during a lunch rush. I guess the inverse argument would be that if they took out a table or two and created more open space so you could walk around with out bumping into chair backs and hitting people in the back of the head then people would be upset there isn't enough seating. My only lunch problem is if I get hungry on the Gate House chair. Man do you have to eat fast! Maybe they could slow it down a bit just for me.

I think most of the problem lies in the arm chairs. They simply take up too much room.

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    Maybe they could slow it down a bit just for me.
    What are you saying? You want another Inverness? NOOOOOO!!!

Inverness would be great. I could get in a 5 course meal and have plenty of time for my server to climb up a tower and de-crumb my backpack before dessert. Maybe if someone falls getting on or off and it stops I could take in a glass of port to settle my stomach before getting off and skiing again. Seriously it changed seasons while I was going up that thing Saturday.

Seriously it changed seasons while I was going up that thing Saturday.
    Seasons? Heck... it felt like years to me!

Inverness would be great. I could get in a 5 course meal and have plenty of time for my server to climb up a tower and de-crumb my backpack before dessert. Maybe if someone falls getting on or off and it stops I could take in a glass of port to settle my stomach before getting off and skiing again. Seriously it changed seasons while I was going up that thing Saturday.
    Port on the lifts. Now you're talking.

If you are looking for cozy get yourself a beer and go sit in front of the fire place in the mount ellen lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by madhavok
    If you are looking for cozy get yourself a beer and go sit in front of the fire place in the mount ellen lodge.
    Mount Ellen is also good for short lift lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman

What is it I love about the base lodge at Mt Ellen so much? Why has the full might of the new Gatehouse lodge failed to suprass that?
    March Showers - April Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Dude, I ski Mount Ellen plenty. Too bad its usually the first mountain to go on wind hold.

When the winds are from the North but not the South!