Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

......... Many of you may recall Lincoln Peak has been the late season mountain in past years, ........

New for the 2007-08 season, the Mt. Ellen Plus pass will give holders not only access to Mt. Ellen's 42 trails and 7 wooded areas, but will also include five All-Mountain day tickets and will be valid at Lincoln Peak when Mt. Ellen closes for the year.

LP the late season mt? Only when ASC was in charge! Those with longer term memories (ie us old folks!) have a different recollection.

But, I DO like the sound of the proposed 07-08 ME Plus pass! Looking forward to the pass details when they become available! And even better, the weather report (after today) looks great!
    Friday Night: Snow. Heavy snow accumulation possible. Lows around 19. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent

Re: Great shot of me, but the location is a bit off.........

Quote Originally Posted by ahm
    That was at the new Lincoln Peak village, see all those faux buildings in the background. I think I see no ski in the pink halter and castlerock in the plaid shorts.................But after the run, my hair was slowing me down, so I cut it. Here's a new shot for your album Tin.
    Uhhhh. Al that was my kilt, not shorts...

It's been a while since I've posted but I'm coming out of retirement, even if it is just for today...

I don't think the ME Plus pass sounds nearly as good as the ME Pass this year. It says you can ski 5 days at LP after ME closes. This year, you can ski unlimited days at LP after ME closes. They are actually giving you less than this year. This also assumes that LP will once again be the late season mountain (I thought they would see how things go this year before making that decision).

Back to my work induced haze...

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    It's been a while since I've posted but I'm coming out of retirement, even if it is just for today...

I don't think the ME Plus pass sounds nearly as good as the ME Pass this year. It says you can ski 5 days at LP after ME closes. This year, you can ski unlimited days at LP after ME closes. They are actually giving you less than this year. This also assumes that LP will once again be the late season mountain (I thought they would see how things go this year before making that decision).

My impression was that you can ski 5 days at LP *anytime* during the year, and every day after ME closes. This is also the ME "Plus" pass, so I suspect they might also have a regular ME pass that doesn't allow you to ski at LP at all, but that's just my guess.
    -Kenny

yes, one could read it both ways...
    which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1

My impression was that you can ski 5 days at LP *anytime* during the year, and every day after ME closes. This is also the ME "Plus" pass, so I suspect they might also have a regular ME pass that doesn't allow you to ski at LP at all, but that's just my guess.
    I'm not sure how it could be interpreted any other way aside from how Kenny characterized it. You get all ME all the time, plus 5 all-mountain days plus all the days at LP after ME closes. It does say "and" between those latter to, so I think the intent is pretty clear. Good catch on the name of the pass too. I suspect they'll have a plain vanilla ME pass with no LP privileges that's dirt cheap and then this one too. I like it - more price points and choices to serve differing needs.

FWIW before 1979 LP was the spring mountain every year at the Bush cause the Bush was only LP pre 1979. So to many Bush old timers it's going back to the original Sugarbush which is pretty cool.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Tin is correct as usual. It is 5 All-Mountain tickets anytime during the season PLUS skiing at LP after ME closes!

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Tin is correct as usual. It is 5 All-Mountain tickets anytime during the season PLUS skiing at LP after ME closes!
    That sounds like an awesome deal - so long as it doesn't tack on a few extra hundred $$$ to the price. Thanks for the info Win (btw, its great having you on this board - how many other heads of resorts are on a forum such as this where they can interact directly with their customers - it shows you really care )

Credit must go to Kenny, as he identified it first, but I'm not going to argue... k

Now if I can only get Win to answer in a similar manner after one of my Gate House Lodge rants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Credit must go to Kenny, as he identified it first, but I'm not going to argue... k

Now if I can only get Win to answer in a similar manner after one of my Gate House Lodge rants.
    Thanks
    -Kenny

Thanks
    I have to defend SB at all costs as the only time I met Win it was after a day of skiing MRG
    -Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    FWIW before 1979 LP was the spring mountain every year at the Bush cause the Bush was only LP pre 1979. So to many Bush old timers it's going back to the original Sugarbush which is pretty cool.
    No. Coolness factor isn't there. It doesn't involve the VH or a sunny deck of any manner......I cut my teeth @ LP as a tike in '79.....Probably still had poop in my pants. But that is a different story for a different time....Ahhh the good ole days!

All I want is some good snow....if it is there great...I won't biatch. If LP looks like my yard right now then we all have a problem.
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

I'm not sure how it could be interpreted any other way aside from how Kenny characterized it. You get all ME all the time, plus 5 all-mountain days plus all the days at LP after ME closes. It does say "and" between those latter to, so I think the intent is pretty clear. Good catch on the name of the pass too. I suspect they'll have a plain vanilla ME pass with no LP privileges that's dirt cheap and then this one too. I like it - more price points and choices to serve differing needs.
    I still think that it could be read either way, but it does sound like a good deal this way. FWIW, I interpreted it as "you have 5 tickets and the only time you can use them is after ME closes".

I'm finally coming back to the Bush next year (probably). Smuggs is a great mountain, but I sure do miss skiing at the Bush. Now I just need to find a ski house for next season...

Ummmm...

quote=win...It is 5 All-Mountain tickets anytime during the season PLUS skiing at LP after ME closes!...end quote
    Mondo 44.5